Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inverts

Default Inverts

At the ripe young age of 40 I am finally trying to land an invert. Starting out with a Tantrum and almost got it all the way around today!!! Anyone else start wakeboarding later in life and trying new things? I have been riding since I was 31, had a couple seasons off due to surgery (not from wakeboarding) and just now really wanting to land the base inverts. Keep ripping! Remember, our boats throw great wakes for boarding as well!!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I'm 42 and have been working on my back roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

46 just started to clear the wake. But not always successful

36 , started wakeboarding 3 seasons ago , although don't really get to board alot , seem to surf more , and I hold out for days that it's glass ,been trying to get enough practice and balls to try a back roll, not there yet,seems by the end of the season I finally get comfortable going wake to wake but come beginning of season it's like starting all over again. Definitely happy with the Wake the craz puts out , still messing with figuring out what I like , but definitely a nice wake
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Started wakeboarding when I was 37, now 43 been working on a back roll , was thinking of trying a tantrum instead. Just rode with some 48-49 year olds that were pulling huge tantrums, back rolls and raleys and 540's the one guy started at 37.
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    36 , started wakeboarding 3 seasons ago , although don't really get to board alot , seem to surf more , and I hold out for days that it's glass ,been trying to get enough practice and balls to try a back roll, not there yet,seems by the end of the season I finally get comfortable going wake to wake but come beginning of season it's like starting all over again. Definitely happy with the Wake the craz puts out , still messing with figuring out what I like , but definitely a nice wake

Hey I live in Christina Lake which is a couple of hours from you, we are always going out a couple of old guys feel free to join us sometime. Unfortunately just traded the boat in on a SL so done riding until spring , but I usually start inApril
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Quote Originally Posted by shockthis View Post
    Hey I live in Christina Lake which is a couple of hours from you, we are always going out a couple of old guys feel free to join us sometime. Unfortunately just traded the boat in on a SL so done riding until spring , but I usually start inApril
    Thanks for the invite, haven't gotten my passport yet but will try and work on it this winter, congrats on the new SL, would love to get a set behind it, might just have to take you up on that , was hoping to make it out one more time this year, but with not knowing when I have to leave town again, ended up pulling bags and getting ready for winter this weekend and start getting ready for hunting season.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I think the easiest invert to TRY is TS frontroll because you always land on your butt. The missed landings are easy on your body.
    After you get used to the pop and are getting decent air time go for the scarecrow and you will be able to land it. I think it's the easiest one to stick because you can land it poorly and butt it out.
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

What are some good teaching resources for beginners? Any particular YouTube vids or channels one should key in on to shorten their learning curve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2013 Mojo

"The Book" ... I think you can find bits and pieces of it on youtube.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded