Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for new Insurance

Hey everyone,

I am starting to look into getting quotes for new insurance on my '04 Mobius. I have seen a few people talking about Ski-Safe for insurance, is there any feedback on this insurance company?

Also is there any other good boat insurance companies that anyone would recommend?

Thanks!
    2004 Mobius LS

I use seaworthy, its a branch of Geico. Best rates of the 7 or 8 quotes I got on my 2016 Craz.
    2016 Craz

I have had at least 4 different companies over the years. Went with ski safe 3 years ago and have had no reason to change.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I had Ski Safe (market value policy) with my Sea-Doos. When they were stolen they only gave me $8,000 when the policy was originally listed at $22,000. The Sea-Doos and trailer were less than 2 years old...lesson learned.

With our Mondo we went with Boater's Insurance Agency. I made sure that we got an agreed value policy, that will cover the predefined cost of boat, trailer, and personal items (added to or inside of boat) in the event of a complete loss. I basically told them, "I have X amount invested in this boat and if it gets stolen, sinks, burns, etc. I want you to write me a check for that amount, how much will that cost me a year?"

Getting cheaper quotes is great, but when it comes time to actually use the insurance you paid for make sure you know how much they are willing to pay you!
    2015 Mondo
    1997 Monterey 196 (gone but not forgotten)

ski safe treated me well and was half the price of other comparable quotes. had 'em for 8 years. the devil is in the details and make sure you know what kind of insurance you are buying- agreed vs actual value and that you have the right limits in place.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

www.boatinsurance.net

ask for Jeremy. he'll shop around and broker you the best deal. I like stated value policies so there's no bickering over value. I got a deal on my boat, but insured it for more.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My boat is a 1998 so I have insurance for four months when I use it and no insurance for the rest of the year. After winterized like it is right now, the boat is parked behind a lock gate, behind a couple of trailers and away from any structures or trees.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Agreed value with Ski-Safe, their layup period is what sold me.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Progressive offered a great policy at a low enough price that I felt it wasn't worth shopping around further. I never had a claim with them so I can't comment on that end of it. Besides, Flo is kinda hot!

I was progressive and skisafe dropped almost $200/yr off the amount for same basic coverage but ski safe was agreed value.
    might want to shop around.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten