Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I change my oil every fall regardless of the hours, it's cheap insurance.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Yu have to pull the hoses off the impeller to get the water out of the housing and lines. Pull the hoses off the vdrive to get the water out of them. Pull the heater hoses off the block and circ pump to drain. Pull the jtube off the circ pump to empty it
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Oil and filter is definitely optional as there are pluses and minuses for when. Change in Fall you could get a little water in oil pan from condensation (think dipstick tube) from humidity and temps going up and down all winter season. Change first thing in spring and all the sediment that has settled over the winter will be tougher to extract. My experience is that these are minor considerations and it really does not matter much as long as you hit your 50 hour mark.

Most important thing is getting water out of block, manifold, lines and pumps if temps get below freezing for a prolonged time. The other stuff is solid advice, but will not cost you $1000s for a missed step.
    '14 Mojo 2.5