Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spoon man

Default Spoon man

Spoon man. No, not sound Garden, but every time someone drives my boat, and admittedly me as well; she gets soaked. Kind of a downer when you want to throw in some expensive tunes.

With that said, I just wanted to post this up for Ideas.

My 2015 LSV was an impulsive purchase due to the deal I got on it. ( or perceived deal at least.) For a new boat, it was in the price range of somewhat sanity, but not without issue.

Issues.

1. Shallow draft boat. It spoons
    2. Stock surf wake is... let's just say it leaves a lot to be desired especially for a Surf edition.
    3. Rudder authority is really bad loaded.
    4. Fast -When Surfing w/Delta Mission and stock ballast we need to be @ 12.3-5 MPH or nothing is ride able.
    5. I hate the lack of hard surface on my engine cover( vinyl) and the carpeting in the boat. #Cheetos, and Crumb crunchers making a mess.
    6. Its newer and its stock is still high- Perhaps sell it while I can?

Others have suggested that I contact Wake Makers and get improved ballast for it which I have not done at all. I have been too busy with life and we are lucky to find time as it is. But when I find that I am always preferring to go out on my neighbors older 23' supreme due to its wake, it has me thinking I might want to upgrade? A new boat would be a net add of 25k which sucks, but fun aint free. Thinking of maybe an Axis ( which I received an invite today to go demo or maybe a new or newer Mondo?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by flienlow; 09-18-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Max

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Even "surf editions" don't have fully ballast. You need to start there and get that boat low. The next thing you need is some kind of Suck Gate. I have a 10 year old boat and those two things gave me more than twice the wave I had before.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

You haven't upgraded ballast but complain about the surf wave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Yeah dude upgrade your ballast number 1! Do some research and fine the biggest bags that will fit. You might need to upgrade your prop with extra weight.

You shouldn't be "spooning" her very often if you know how to properly slow down and turn around without getting your rollers. Once you know how to do that then teach the other drivers. You might get water every once in awhile but nothing should be scary enough to warrant a post on here about it.

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

You don't have a surf tabs on this lsv? You say surf edition , should not need a suck gate
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

1100's I. The back, center locker bag and bow bag, surf gate and another bag for the rear seat and surf side seat and you can do this.

2017 Moomba Craz

New boats are always cool. The new Moomba's are part of the "next generation" of larger wakeboats whereas your LSV is more low slung.

That said, you've haven't even tried. The spoonin (new lingo to me) can be corrected by proper driving and the surf wave is in its infancy. If throwing 1k and a couple hours at upgrading the surf isn't your thing, buy a new one and have the dealer do it before pickup.

Spoonin
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

In the length of time you took to write up this post, you could've ordered your upgraded ballast.

Add another 5 mins and you could've opened the boxes and hooked up your new ballast.

I've surfed a factory supreme s238 and it didn't even come close to my lsv weighted and upgraded properly.

You mentioned "perceived deal" and "impulse purchase" as if it was a mistake. Well you're about to make another mistake by not even seeing the potential of your boat buy spending a few hundred bucks.

Here's a pic of my lsv from last summer

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Here's my LSV wave

2011 Mobius LSV, V2 Tower, 1100lbs regular side,
    750lbs goofy, 370lbs ski locker, 750lbs bow,
    flow surf (don't use it thanks to suck gate)