Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I just saw they have the dynamic home point for the Spark now which is awesome. It uses the GPS in your phone or tablet for the GPS update so no problems.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

What Trayson said about landing. The problem is that the drone has no information about the boat's dynamics. When the Mavic takes off it gets a photo and video of the launch site which helps. The boat will be moving and add to that wind and it can get tough. It will hover a couple of feet above the target and figure itself out but things are changing along with its GPS position also. I have used auto land on the ground just to do it and I am amazed at how well it does. I have a two foot landing pad and it hits it every time. It uses ultra sound for altitude when landing along with the image matching. If something rises up under it quickly like a boat heaving it may gain altitude again.
    There is some amazing technology in these things.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I just saw they have the dynamic home point for the Spark now which is awesome. It uses the GPS in your phone or tablet for the GPS update so no problems.
    Where can I see the details of these firmware updates? Where are you getting the info?

Do you think it's worth buying a landing pad for my spark?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

It lands on a two foot circle. Wow. And it takes a picture to remember home. No joke. Amazing technology.

What about building a landing pad on our towers? There's a cool winter mod for someone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Where can I see the details of these firmware updates? Where are you getting the info?

Do you think it's worth buying a landing pad for my spark?
    I first saw something about it on a FB forum for the Mavic. For the Spark my app just updated and I saw it there in the changes part. A lot of the same upgrades will probably be available for both. There is also a good forum on the DJI site.

I got the landing pad for taking off in crass and dirt. The image recognition landing really nails it even in moderate wind. If a drone has visual landing assist it is good in grass, keeps dirt down and when you are in something that looks the same it gives it a target. Without it I find cracks or something that looks different than just pavement for example.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    What about building a landing pad on our towers? There's a cool winter mod for someone!!
    I thought about putting a target on the bimini but the higher you are the more the effect of the boat moving. The bigger reason I found for not doing it is safety. Even if you had a flat platform that dron is above everyone's head. If it comes down and the rotors are spinning it could end badly. Most everyone is hand catching them. Really there is no truly safe way to recover on a boat. The Phantom has a nice "grab bar" in the form of its skids. Probably the safest one to hand catch.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I thought about putting a target on the bimini but the higher you are the more the effect of the boat moving. The bigger reason I found for not doing it is safety. Even if you had a flat platform that dron is above everyone's head. If it comes down and the rotors are spinning it could end badly. Most everyone is hand catching them. Really there is no truly safe way to recover on a boat. The Phantom has a nice "grab bar" in the form of its skids. Probably the safest one to hand catch.
    Agree completely.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I first saw something about it on a FB forum for the Mavic. For the Spark my app just updated and I saw it there in the changes part. A lot of the same upgrades will probably be available for both. There is also a good forum on the DJI site.

I got the landing pad for taking off in crass and dirt. The image recognition landing really nails it even in moderate wind. If a drone has visual landing assist it is good in grass, keeps dirt down and when you are in something that looks the same it gives it a target. Without it I find cracks or something that looks different than just pavement for example.
    When I launched in Grass, I just set the carry bag on its side on the ground and used that as my takeoff platform. LOL
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    When I launched in Grass, I just set the carry bag on its side on the ground and used that as my takeoff platform. LOL
    Whatever works. That's the problem with these squatty drones. When they are in the grass the props are cutting grass, the camera gimball is being pushed by the grass, dirt is getting stirred up closer to components. That is what's nice about the Phantom, it sits high above all that crap.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    I will be picking one in next couple of days. What do you have?
    What's best bang for the buck?
    What do you love or hate about yours?
    Not that I have a baller budget but if I did what would you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So what did you end up with?

I just picked up a Mavic 2 pro with the flymore kit and water proof pelican case. I was looking at the original mavic for cost purposes but my dad convinced me to go Mavic 2 pro due to the 1" sensor and omni directional avoidance sensors. It also has a slightly more aerodynamic design and long battery life. I got it two days before I had to go back to work so I only got a few flights in with it, none involving the boat. We did take my dads phantom 4 on our boat at canyon lake a few weeks ago and catching it was super easy with two people. I would think on the mavic/mavic 2 you would need to turn off VPS to catch it or else it would see your hand under it and climb. Looking forwards to next summer with.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD