Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boat sharing

I share the boat with my wife....NEVER again. She won't let me get a new one! FML

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

As Cody mentioned, sharing the boat works out very well in our situation given my work schedule (3 weeks on, 3 weeks off). We put whatever we could down and split the payment and have a spreadsheet that tracks % of ownership based on how much money each of us has put in. The % of ownership only comes into play in the event of a buyout or selling it in which case we will take the market value and figure up how much each party received based on % of ownership. It works really good for Cody since he gets 3 weekends in a row to use it as much as he wants and then goes out with us about 60% of the time on the other 3 weekends. Insurance and storage and all maintenance are split 50/50. Venmo really makes it s breeze lol. Our main rule is no brackish or salt water and put it away with a full tank for the next person.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Can I do a written agreement with my wife? I want her to pay half the stereo upgrade .....

LOL!!! My wife and I have a slightly different twist. I bought the boat and pay the payment, insurance, maintenance, upgrades, gas... But she bought the tow rig and pays her payment, insurance and gas!

Honestly her payment is a lot more than the boat payment. and when we do road trips to go camping at the lake in central Oregon, her gas bill is often more than mine if we're only gone for a weekend. Oh, and a couple years ago, she bought me my Doomswell Nubstep, so last year I bought her a Doomswell Sparkplug!

The "arrangement" seems to be working fantastic!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I never understood married people who live like roommates lol. Whatever works for you I guess.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I never understood married people who live like roommates lol. Whatever works for you I guess.

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but it came off a bit condescending. This is my 2nd marriage. In my first marriage, I made all the money and she spent away. When we got divorced, I had to write her a $50k check for her "share" of the house and possessions that came from my earnings.

I have an AMAZING marriage with my wife, and today we're having a big party to celebrate our 6 years. My wife wants to contribute, she wants to pull her own weight. We're both very independent but also an amazing team. So when she bought be my Doomswell using the money that she worked for, it means a lot. When my exwife bought be a "present" it was using the money that I made. Not nearly as meaningful when you look at it that way. Yeah, my wife and I keep our finances separate, but that doesn't make us more roommates than husband/wife.

And we're different than so many couples I see where the "wife handles the checkbook" and the husband blindly hands over his paycheck for her to administer everything. We're each in control of what we earn and what we spend. So if she wants to buy an expensive new outfit, she doesn't have to worry a bit that I will get upset about how money was spent. And when I want to blow money on new tower speakers, it's all on me. It's really awesome and liberating. Don't doubt for a second that #teamharmon has a recipe for success. Sure, a lot of it is from getting burned pretty bad on my first marriage. But it works awesome this way and we have no reason to change.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Marriage talk in the boat forum. Yikes, that is not going anywhere good.

Back to boats, it's good to hear the boat-sharing works for some arrangements.

Now that boats are getting north of 100k, families will be thinking more about this or looking for boat clubs. Look at all the money that people are putting into condo time-shares.
    2018 Supra SL400

Didn't mean to sound condescending, I apologize.

David

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post

It's all good bro. I know the way we roll might sound foreign to some, but it really works for us and we're happy. I know you're a good guy.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

David

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    It's all good bro. I know the way we roll might sound foreign to some, but it really works for us and we're happy. I know you're a good guy.
    And that's what's important. Finding something that works for you.

David