Default Glove Box Support

Anybody have their glove box support spring disconnect from the lid? Mine was already broken off when I bought the boat. Tried using some JB Weld to epoxy it back on, and that lasted about 3 trips out before it broke off again. Looks like there are 2 small screw holes in the bracket on the spring, but the inside surface of the lid looks completely flat, so not sure where they would even screw into...and besides that lid is pretty thin there so nervous about drilling new holes, not a lot of room for error before I put holes through the top of the lid.
    2004 Mobius XLV
    340hp Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity Games III package
    Dual batteries with switch
    Mako light bar and racks

you gotta take the lid out of the boat and sand off all the old glue and then try the jb weld again with some weight or a c clamp to get a good "weld" someone seems to force the lid up on my boat every summer to.
    2013 outbackv

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    you gotta take the lid out of the boat and sand off all the old glue and then try the jb weld again with some weight or a c clamp to get a good "weld" someone seems to force the lid up on my boat every summer to.
    Thanks. I did the sanding and the clamps, but tried sanding with the lid attached and didn't get all the old epoxy off. Adding this to the list of winter projects.

Do you know how the lid was originally attached?
    Any special tricks to getting the lid off? I don't have access to boat now so not even sure how it's attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Mobius XLV
    340hp Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity Games III package
    Dual batteries with switch
    Mako light bar and racks

Did the same. Sanded everything down and used 5 minute epoxy with tape to hold it in place. Still holding after three seasons.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I just lightly cleaned mine a bit (no sanding) and superglued it. left it open with no clamping for a while to cure. Has held for two seasons and quite a bit of use so far.
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

I did all of the above and it would hold, so I drilled and bolted it, with painted black button head allens.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMobius View Post
    Thanks. I did the sanding and the clamps, but tried sanding with the lid attached and didn't get all the old epoxy off. Adding this to the list of winter projects.

Do you know how the lid was originally attached?
    Any special tricks to getting the lid off? I don't have access to boat now so not even sure how it's attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it was originally glued and its just a couple screws that hold the hinge to the dash on mine
    2013 outbackv