Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FS 2006 Mobius LSV, Marion NC

Single owner, purchased in 07. Tons of upgrades: Hydroturf flooring (also in rear lockers), new Black Chrome decals, 4- Wetsounds Revo 650s with LEDs in matching powder coated enclosure and Kicker amp installed this year, upgraded Kenwood head unit with usb at driver, Kicker 10” Sub in sealed waterproof enclosure, upgraded surf prop (also have original prop as spare), Stargazer Perfect Pass Upgrade installed this spring, 3600lbs of ballast, Tsunami 1100 pump as well as stock GG3 setup, 2 New batteries with switch and relay, new vinyl on sundeck, 2 year old Sharkskin cover, new axle on trailer (replaced under warranty). This boat is a surfing beast that outperforms most new stock boats. Full tune up completed last year. Also includes some accessories. 500 hours. $31,500 obo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Y'all gotta help sell this one. Gotta make room for the winter! Taking offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a lot of interest in both the boat as well as selling accessories, but I had hoped to sell as a package. Most of the people interested in the boat are wanting something closer to $25-27k. Which I understand, it is an 06, but I can't take that much of a hit. If I had known I was going to get a newer boat I wouldn't have put so much in this one in the last 2 years, but too late now.
    I am considering separating the accessories from the boat to eliminate sticker shock. A lot of buyers don't know what all of this stuff costs anyway... I depreciated everything and didn't even include installation costs (since I do my own). If I do separate everything I am thinking $27k for the boat.
    Any thoughts?

I think that you've got a great looking boat that is definitely capable of selling for a premium. But in my humble opinion, a premium price might be 27-30k. Over 30k seems like a stretch to me but may not be impossible. I appreciate your price justification and it shows that you're taking care of your boat but it's probably not the right way to price a used boat. I'd look at it more like a total package: what's the competition/market?

You're also selling in low season. I bought ours in October and sold the old boat in the spring when there was more interest, trying to maximize favorable pricing on both deals. Nobody (buyer or seller) wants to have a boat just for storage in the winter...

Sorry if I sound negative, I'm just trying to offer an outside perspective. Again, it looks like a great boat and I wish you good luck in selling. (And I hope that you can sell at your asking price, because that means more value for all our boats!)
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    I think that you've got a great looking boat that is definitely capable of selling for a premium. But in my humble opinion, a premium price might be 27-30k. Over 30k seems like a stretch to me but may not be impossible. I appreciate your price justification and it shows that you're taking care of your boat but it's probably not the right way to price a used boat. I'd look at it more like a total package: what's the competition/market?

You're also selling in low season. I bought ours in October and sold the old boat in the spring when there was more interest, trying to maximize favorable pricing on both deals. Nobody (buyer or seller) wants to have a boat just for storage in the winter...

Sorry if I sound negative, I'm just trying to offer an outside perspective. Again, it looks like a great boat and I wish you good luck in selling. (And I hope that you can sell at your asking price, because that means more value for all our boats!)
    I have to agree, people want the full package, to me a new interior is a must on a 2006 boat and should not be added to the price. Flooring, Stereo, suck gate, ballast, should all be included. $27k I bet is your max.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Thanks for the input and agree completely. I just can't find any comps.... Everything is either stock, minimal upgrades, high hours, or 3-4th owner with no records. Without having a buyer who is familiar with LSV they may not appreciate all that I did to this one anyway. Once they see it and surf it one time they will!
    I don't really need to sell before winter but friends want to buy bags, pumps, and wet sounds to use their boats. Wasn't sure how much it would affect the potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemobius View Post
    Thanks for the input and agree completely. I just can't find any comps.... Everything is either stock, minimal upgrades, high hours, or 3-4th owner with no records. Without having a buyer who is familiar with LSV they may not appreciate all that I did to this one anyway. Once they see it and surf it one time they will!
    I don't really need to sell before winter but friends want to buy bags, pumps, and wet sounds to use their boats. Wasn't sure how much it would affect the potential buyers.
    If you don't need to sell, I'd recommend waiting until the spring. That only could net $1-2k.

For comps, search the various boat marketplace websites, ebay, craigslist (use the search helpers to get old listings and from all locations), this website, etc. A very quick peek in the classified thread and I found this: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ALE-Brandon-Ms, no pictures but it reads rather similar to yours.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Yeah I've checked Boat Trader, Only Inboards, and classifieds thread... I actually based my price on the one you linked as well. I've researched a lot but you never know what the actual sale price ends up being either. A couple friends sold some trashed boats for 27-28 last spring. Lake fever I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buyers want everything they can get. BUT, they want a clean, nice boat at a good price. And, no, they don't appreciate all the upgrades unless they have actually done them all before themselves. I would sell the stuff that brings you cash and doesn't add much to the overall price separately. That means equipment and accessories, especially if you have the stock items to put back.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!