Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Those were guesses. I have no clue. I have a Moomba.
    Not bad considering your a CPA
    Last edited by jmvotto; 09-06-2017 at 06:40 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    How much longer does Supra hang on to analog gauges? I personally think they are classy looking but when you are the last one in the game does that mean it's time to switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope never. I like analog gauges. THey add a touch of class and quality. To me, anything electronic screams cheap, plasticky. Analog gauges are made of steel and other high quality durable materials. Its like comparing a high quality handmade mechanical watch to a cheap electronic plastic watch(so called smart watch). The electronic one is landfill in 5 years. In 10 years, those electronic screens are going to look cheap and outdated, the analog gauges will still look good for what they are.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Well my wife and I have demoed a lot of new boats this year. I have to say it's getting closer. Each company has something they can either improve on or need to catch up on. The centurions seats are not hindged and they run a dual screen on th ri compared to their fi23. Supra is behind in the large screen department but the redundant switches are kinda cool, also Supra hasn't gone to 17 inch prop and new tranny ratios. Nautique is expensive and you either love there surf wave or you don't but one of the only boats to need very little xtra weight. Malibu needs a lot of nose weight to counter the wedge but great wave when fully sacd. All these boats are getting really close compared to the past in surf waves. The only boat I can't give any love to is the Mastercraft. Been in almost all models and the wave is just not comparable to some of these other boats. Last full demo I was at there was a large group in this consensus. Next up Supra SL

Quote Originally Posted by Capdoogie View Post
    Well my wife and I have demoed a lot of new boats this year. I have to say it's getting closer. Each company has something they can either improve on or need to catch up on. The centurions seats are not hindged and they run a dual screen on th ri compared to their fi23. Supra is behind in the large screen department but the redundant switches are kinda cool, also Supra hasn't gone to 17 inch prop and new tranny ratios. Nautique is expensive and you either love there surf wave or you don't but one of the only boats to need very little xtra weight. Malibu needs a lot of nose weight to counter the wedge but great wave when fully sacd. All these boats are getting really close compared to the past in surf waves. The only boat I can't give any love to is the Mastercraft. Been in almost all models and the wave is just not comparable to some of these other boats. Last full demo I was at there was a large group in this consensus. Next up Supra SL
    Which mc. The x30 and x23 throw a crazy surf wave
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Which mc. The x30 and x23 throw a crazy surf wave
    I agree. My bud has the X30. It's pretty awesome with the upgraded motor. Too bad it was shelved.

That new X-Star is going to be targeted for the wakeboard crew. It looks to throw a massive wake where I think the avg rider would never appreciate or be able to use the boat's potential.

I also hope Supra keeps the analog gauges
    2018 Supra SL400

I hope they keep the gauges and toggle switches, even if they add a big screen it would be nice to have a back up options!

my buddy had a 2016 xstar fully loaded and a few times we have had to call it a day early because the touch screen displays go out all 3 of them! and well have to ride back to his house with some kinda award looking ride, ballast are all full on one side, emptying the other side and the GEN2 tabs would all be different positions going wild.

You might be hearing the squeaky wheel. I have had 4 boats in the last 5 yrs with nye a problem with screens. That's a Supra salesman talk. But I do I agree backup switches are a great outing savior if something unlikely would go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Capdoogie View Post
    I have had 4 boats in the last 5 yrs with nye a problem with screens.
    wait until said boats have 750+hrs and are 6-10 years old. I bet screen problems start showing up then across all models and more frequently. it's still a fairly new technology in the towboat industry with lots of players using a vendor for a year or 2 and switching.
    the downside will be those that can't afford the crazy-stupid prices of the new boats will be into them as used at the 4-6year mark and as those screens start to break, the cost to fix them will be out of reach for some of the buyers that are stretched to be in those high tech boats at a used price.. imagine paying 65k for a used g23 and a year later the screen breaks requiring a 5k repair bill. for some buyers that will mean running a boat with no screen or not running a boat for the season.

I hope supra doesn't get rid of the analog nor the redundant switches. my tige had switches under the dash to get you "limped" home if the tigetouch ever broke but they were quite the pita to get to and the supra switches will at least keep the day on the water going easily should something ever happen. and they just plain look good...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I am in full agreement. I like them and so hopefully the Supra technology folks are reading and can integrate any screen changes with the classy look of switches and a few analogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

For all of those that want a big screen, is this big enough?

36679509150_4b76f5ba00_z.jpg
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 09-06-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400