Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why doesn't everyone do ram fill?

Is it a patented design? Seems like a no brainer to me. Fill 2500-3000 lbs in 30 seconds and switch weight in either side in seconds. Love my Mondo, it's a big time boat in a small size, and it surfs great for a 20.5 footer but man, sucks filling bags for 12 minutes 2-3 times in a day.
    '19 Moomba Max

Don't believe it's certified
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

centurion has ramfill.
    mb has gate valves.
    has shown up on a couple of boats. same basic concept just different ways to reach the same result.
    kinda surprised the new supra that I heard has hard tanks didn't install something like this. down side tho is if the gates stick open, your day is done. I have seen an mb have to load on a trailer as one of the gates stuck open and wouldn't drain. fun to watch a half-ballasted boat try to leave the water.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I read the Centurion has a manual switch to operate the gates in case of a software failure, not sure about MB.
    '19 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by pat6969 View Post
    I read the Centurion has a manual switch to operate the gates in case of a software failure, not sure about MB.
    It's not a switch but they can be operated manually. Not something you would want to do over and over in a day though.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

MB's that have the older version of ballast gates have a manual method that requires an allan key (stored with the ballast gate) to open and close if the primary method fails. The electric versions have been known to fail so in 2017 they went back to a manual cable actuated version.
    gates.jpg

You also need hard tanks with additional bags as well, ram fill is not super accurate when filling, so if you are wakeboarding you have to dial it in with the pnp system. So if you need to drain 100lbs to clean the wake up on one side you still have to use pumps. I know on the centurion if you fill everything up for surfing, you are still waiting for the pnp system to fill after you filled the ram fills.
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Fyi for 2018 skiers choice has went to a 6 pump system fill times much faster and autowake is very quick.

Adding 3 more pumps is definitely on my winter project list. Waiting 14 minutes for the Enzo's to fill gets old fast

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I tested out the fi23 back at wakefest. It is an awesome boat. However they still use pnp systems to fill bags. They use 4900 labs of ballast but only the hard tanks get quick fill. Also the fi is going to be expensive. The boat I tested was msrp at 123k. It is a huge disappointment when it came to money. Boats surfwake was monsterous though.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2015 Moomba Mojo(sold)
    2011 Axis A22
    2006 Honda arx1200
    2006 Moomba Lsv
    2008 Moomba XLV gravity edition