My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Default Anyone Have Experience with the Polk D4000.4 Amp?

I'm looking for a quality 4 channel amp to drive my 6 in-boat speakers (4 stock cabins + 2 newly-installed bow speakers) in my 2014 LSV. I've got a Kicker amp driving my 2 tower speakers. I've had a few folks highly recommend the Polk 4000.4 Do any of you guys have any experience with this, and how would you rate it for an audio neophyte like me? I'm a mechanicals/engine guy with limited audio expertise so any and all thoughts are welcomed...

All Polk audio is marine certified so that's a plus. I have no experience with this particular amp, but I've always been a fan of Polk and never had issues with anything I've ran. I currently run some polk cabin/bow speakers. My amps are alpine though, but may be changing it out this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

My Supra came with all Polk Audio, not sure what amp(s) I have but the system sounds great.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Check out CT Sounds... lots of power without the price tag. I think I'm going with them for amps in the next build.
    They just released a bridgeable 4 channel that puts out more power than a wersounds Syn4 for 1/3 the price. Kinda mad at myself for not finding it before I bought the syn4. lol
    Also check out the PPI 900.4 on Amazon if any are left. I love my 600.2 and 1000.1!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

iirc mla has indicated that amps like these are for sale under lots of different brands and are essentially the same amp just a different cover.

I almost pulled the trigger on one for my car as I have all Polk MM series speakers/subs but ended up with a RF amp as it had better ratings for a tad less coin. I also shopped the ppi class d stuff.

both of my boats have had non-marine rated amps and I have not a single complaint from them(rf in one/arc audio in the other) and would use automotive again in a heartbeat. your results may vary...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Building on what the previous 2 people posted, I would also recommend making sure the amps are rated class D. I would also check the warranty and make sure its decent. Buy once, cry once I think what some folks say on here.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

That amp is Class-D. Not really a rating thing, but the the power supply build topology used. As Scott pointed out, the polk amps are shared with the likes of some PPi, Sound Stream and NVX models. They have been benched and found to deliver in the range of their stated rms. This amp will drive 2-3 pair of speakers just fine in 4 chnl stereo mode. However, its one of the nastiest sounding bridged full range amps ive heard. This is likely due to the very cheap front end they all use. The tuning dials are quite off, so tuning is a crap shoot and all in the ear unless you have test equipment.

Part of what makes this amp so appealing, is that it can typically be had for half of what polk has its MSRP at. Compare this amp to other with similar output and MSRP, and its a POS and has little value. Different story when its a $150 "marine" amp.

I think you use the term "MSRP" very loosely
    just like the automotive or jewelry market.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten