Default Oil Pressure Gauge reading

So we were motoring out to our ride spot last night. My oil pressure is pretty typical of what most others here have: around 40 at idle and 50 or 60 under surfing load.

We were motoring over some medium chop and the needle just DROPPED all the way to zero and was bouncing around the bottom of the reading. Then it came back to normal. I turned off the engine. Restarted and it was normal pressure at idle. I gently increased speed and it behaved normal. Then maybe a minute later it did it again. This time I checked the oil level and it was totally fine (3/4 of the way between the full and add lines). I've had oil pressure problems before (low oil, check engine light, limp mode) but that was because I was low on oil).

Any thoughts on this? Is my sender going bad? Gauge going bad? Or is there an intermittent legit problem I should be concerned about?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

It could be a loose ground at your gauge or loose connection at your sending unit.

Normally low oil pressure is all the time or mor consistent at low speed, high speed things like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]