Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Is it time for a new boat? and if so which one?

We are finally considering getting a new boat and selling our 06 LSV. I have several concerns though:
    1. I have ridden the new Craz and loved the boat, however my LSV with 3600lbs ballast and a suck gate throws a much better surf wave. I have also read several posts with the same being said of the Mojo.
    2. I like the thoughts of moving to a new Supra but with a budget of 80k I would be looking at an SR and again I'm worried that the surf wave will not meet expectations. I'm hoping to demo one soon.
    3. I have seen some used 15 model SEs and SAs for close to my range but not sure what differences there are between model years. Anyone with experience on these boats please chime in.
    4. With 500 hrs, mostly idling around with small children, I know our boat would last for many years to come. I've done a lot of upgrades to keep it current (flooring, decals, bags, speakers, amp, stargazer) but I am to the point I need some more upholstery work, another amp, interior speakers, and pump upgrades. Another 5k into an 06 or 50k (assuming I get 30k for mine) into something newer... My head hurts thinking about it. I would love to hear from you guys with a similar situation.

I'd say most of the "weak wave" comments stem from buyers who haven't surfed before and simply aren't catching on as quick as they'd hoped. All of these boats throw a large enough wave, with stock ballast alone, to surf.

For me, coming from an 06 Supra, it was about the simplicity of the new systems. Throw bigger bags in one of the newer models and it will surf right with your maxed out LSV or better. It will do it in a much simpler manner too, especially if you have riders on both sides of the boat.

Talking SE to SR ... I'd identify what, other than price, is important to you. Those are drastically different size boats.

Quick thoughts ...

1. You probably have but I'd consider them mostly incorrect.
    2. Supra's are sweet
    3. 15 SA is the boat that sits low in the water. 16 was a new body SA. 15 SE will be missing some newer options but the boat is mostly the same.
    4. Tough question. Will go back to what's important.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 08-28-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Buy my buddies SA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    -Jake

I would consider replacing my SA with a SA....
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

The SR is a great boat and feels larger than a sub 21' boat. Right out of the box with 2 people on board we surfed ropeless. Ours will be listed shortly in the low $90k. Let me know if you have any questions about the boat or want some pictures

SR vs a 2016+ SA is an unfair fight. The SA will far outperform and, IMO, hold value much better.

I'd you're considering a SA, seriously check out the one beat taco posted. Tyler keeps his toys as nice as anyone and it would be worth every $ to have that boat shipped to you.

Thanks for all of your input. I live near Asheville NC so it would have to be a really fantastic deal. I will have to see it in person before spending that kind of money. I'm pretty meticulous with my stuff as well. I have noticed that there are not very many used SAs on the market so they must be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try this:

2015 SE 6.2L 440 motor with 150 hours from KY - $84,900.
    Blue and Gray Flake - Good looking ride.
    The only downfall is the stereo system.

I would be looking at a used SE/SA over a new SR any day of the week.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-SU...cky-58055.aspx
    2018 Supra SL400

Yep, that's one I'm looking at. There are 2 more in that range with lower hours as well that are pretty close to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy with the SA gets a new one every year and it is perfect, complete boat bling wipe down after every use in and out. He's asking 89k and it's loaded. On top of factory options it has full Gatorstep and Exile treatment as he has great relationships with both companies.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    -Jake