Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Now I'm even more confused... we tested a new Craz because the dealer thought we just didn't have it setup correctly when we rode our friends'. Granted it was a little better but my 06 still has it beat. So we decided to go ahead and demo a 17 SA. The boat was immaculate and we loved the color scheme. While putting the boat in the water I was running numbers trying to justify the money to buy it. But then when I got on the board there wasn't even enough wave for me to throw the rope in! The guys at the dealership were all awesome and I really enjoyed working with them. They told me the boat just needed more weight and were even willing to swap the bags and bring the boat to us if we decided to buy.
    For over 100k I was expecting to be blown away by the stock wave and it was needless to say disappointing. Now, an acquaintance says he will sell me his 2013 G23 with 200 hrs in my range. He's a really cool guy and I'm sure he will treat me right But that is 4 yrs old! Comps are listed for more than what he is asking but that is a lot of money for something with no warranty.
    However I have surfed it and it is amazing and completely stock with tons of storage. All input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Is it time for a new boat? and if so which one?

On the SA comment. I added 200 pounds of lead in my 2016 and loved the wave. Consistent and a ton of fun. I would not even consider a 2013 g against a 2017 SA for same money. New boat, warranty, surf storage, autowake for wakeboarding, load it with lead. It's a new boat instead of a 5 year old boat. 2017 SA all day!!

On a completely different note, I recently went out and rode a 2016 SE all stock. Wave was big and long. I struggled to get way back and recover. I could ride it but it was work. Parker Payne was riding in the boat on my demo. I asked him to get in and try it. He was throwing every trick he has. Switching sides, spinning the board, riding switch. Heck I could read the brand on his fins he was jumping so high. My point is we are amateurs. That is all. I need to focus on getting better versus seeking this perfect wave!

Last edited by russellsmojo; 09-04-2017 at 08:27 PM.
    2017 Supra SA

Sure, I am not a pro and I'm also riding a hybrid board (byerly buzz which I love) but I am comparing boats to what I currently have to see if it is worth spending over $100K! I am 38 years old so if anything I will probably get worse lol. By the way the G23 is 25k less than the new SA.

I agree on age! I turn 40 in a month. So probably not getting any better but will keep trying.

$25k changes perspective for sure. I would think at this point in the year you might could break $100k mark. Especially with 2018 changes out.

2017 Supra SA

When we test road a craz last year it was just the standard surf not the surf max ,and it wasn't very impressive, but after spending the summer in one there were a few things that could have helped to make it better as far as setting it up , with the Wake makers 1140s 250-300 under the port seat in front of rear bags , set the 18 autowake software to factory settings, with only a driver in the boat we can ride a skim board about 10-15 ft back with alot of push mid wave, when more people or when I fill the factory 650 and put it on the floor it is a pretty amazing wave, we quit filling the extra bag the last couple outings , really didn't see a need , but an sa or g23 would be pretty sick , after 95hrs this year definitely happy with what we got for what we paid
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Last year I traded my 2010 LSV in for a 2016 Mojo. I believe the 2010 and 2006 had the same hull. I hated my my Mojo last year. I felt like I constantly have to work to stay in the wave. This year I changed a few things. I already had 1280s in the rear, so now I throw an 800lbs ronix bag on the floor in the back. I have 100lbs of steel on each side under the bags. Then I put 300lbs of steel on the port side. I run wakeplate all the way up and speed at 11.2. Had great push, then I upgraded my board to a phase 5 and I'm getting a huge right calf putting on the brakes. The new boats have so much free board that it takes a lot more weight to displace water and create push. I wouldn't go back to my LSV now.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

I know the feeling on the calf workout when I ride on another friends' inland surfer!
    Thanks for the info guys. This is exactly what i needed to help me make an informed decision as well as help my buddy with the new Craz out. I have a spare 1100 that I will throw on his when we go out again.

Not sure if the link worked

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Maybe it will work now, this is with the 1140s 250ish under port seat, one driver and one180lb passenger on port side, still in the leaning curve second season surfing, but with the boat set up right its still puts out a decent wake, was using the autowake too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkzCmaf8jzE
    Last edited by stevemarich; 09-05-2017 at 01:35 AM.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

One other I enjoy about the Mojo is that I can slam it with weight and feel safe. Sometimes when I did it with my LSV the water seemed really close to coming over the sides or taking rollers easier.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold