Default What's the general wait time for a new boat?

When I signed up for a new boat I was told 8-12 weeks this was in late June I was ok with that. That meant to me that I should see the boat late September which also meant I could get the break in started. Well now he saying there not going to start building it until late September and I won't see it until November. That means to me that SC. Is slammed with orders or he stalled for some reason to place my order. What's really got me bent is the fact that I can go to a dealer and buy one of the lot today. Is this usually how this works I'm a first time buyer?

That's not how it usually works. The process was much shorter for me but mine was built in the spring. My guess is there was downtime in the production line while transitioning and making updates for '18s.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Order our boat at the January boat show (Chicago) and took possession in April.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

On all the boats I've ordered you choose a build date and then it usually gets delivered 2-3 weeks after that as it takes 7-9 days to be built then has to be shipped to dealer, then prepped by dealer. Did you not select a specific bike date? It could be weeks or months out, depending on availability and buyers wishes. Some people order in winter and select a build date right before the season to delay paying for it. Others want it asap.
    Boatless for now

We had slots at our dealer, there was only one slot available at the boat show in February , if we took that slot would have gotten the boat within a month, the next slot would have put us not seeing the boat until early june mid july, we ended up not ordering one, just purchased one that was left from the boat show, but all the ones they had on order in the slot we were going to take showed up on time, same with the ones they had on order for the next slot. The model year change may have held yours up.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    On all the boats I've ordered you choose a build date and then it usually gets delivered 2-3 weeks after that as it takes 7-9 days to be built then has to be shipped to dealer, then prepped by dealer. Did you not select a specific bike date? It could be weeks or months out, depending on availability and buyers wishes. Some people order in winter and select a build date right before the season to delay paying for it. Others want it asap.
    I think my build date is September but I requested asap. On my print out it says September so hopefully he's telling me November and it's probably October

It also depends on dealers. They are only allowed so many boats a year. Then probably when the 18s came out a bunch of dealers ordered new inventory so build dates are getting pushed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

We ordered ours April and our dealer had a build date mid may for a stock boat for their inventory. They changed all the options on that boat to what we wanted and basically gave us that build date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Above is how it works. If your dealer has a build date that they're willing to give up (for the same model) to build your boat, then timing is decreased. If not, you get in the que for that model and it could be months out. Some mfgrs simply stop selling some yr/models after a certain date.