Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So, my family is in the Tomball area of Houston. They are WELL prepared with gas/food/generators. it's mid calf deep in the yard of my Mom/Stepdad, and it might get into the house. My sister's house is a few hundred feet away and so far they're doing fine. they are keeping in good spirits (gasping because they lost power during Game of Thrones). But my sister's hose is a bit higher than Mom's. Their pool might soon be joined by the marshlands that are forming around Mom's place.

This is my step dad standing in what's supposed to be his yard, but looks like a Florida marshland. My brother in law ventured out to the main street and said it's deep... they'll be staying put.

When I was down in Houston last month, I was able to go out on Lake Houston with one of the members of the Supra/moomba FB group, Scott. He has an SA that normally is moored on a lift. His house is waterfront.
    He shared a couple pics on FB...

He took the boat off as access to his lift is under water:

And this is his back yard with Lake Houston starting to swallow it up. He's going to be moving stuff to higher ground and hopefully the roads are passable enough to have them even be able to get there to help him out.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

The water in Tomball TX where my family is has subsided a couple inches. it's enough for their septic system to work again.

Got an update from Scott on Lake Houston. He had to move his waverunner out of the boat slip and has it tied to a tree floating free. The water is about to the house, and they're moving stuff in the house higher if possible. The water's definitely got a LOT higher there. Pic of the same boat house:

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

The situation at Lake Houston is likely to get worse before it improves, last year Lake Conroe set a record on tax day releasing 33,000 cfs from the dam into the San Jacinto river. Today they have smashed that record by releasing 75,000 cfs from the dam. All of that water goes to Lake Houston. My dad is trapped in his condo on Lake Conroe, he has some ply wood across his glass patio door to keep the waves from the lake directly impacting the glass. So far they have only had water from seepage make it inside. The parking lot is completely flooded and his dock and lift is destroyed. Coast Guard is performing helicopter rescues at their condo.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

My house courtesy of a neighbor last night. Luckily it never got higher and we stayed dry

Dads back patio door at lake Conroe

Parking lot at his condo complex

Inside the gate is the condo pool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Prayers offered for you all and all in that situation.......
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Lake Conroe is going to be destroyed for a while to come... there's going to be a lot of water hazards out there.
    David, hope your dad makes out ok over there. Anyone that needs a dry-ish place to be is still welcome at my house! And I've got plenty of storage space if anyone needs to move a boat wavrunner car etc...
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Lake Conroe is going to be destroyed for a while to come... there's going to be a lot of water hazards out there.
    David, hope your dad makes out ok over there. Anyone that needs a dry-ish place to be is still welcome at my house! And I've got plenty of storage space if anyone needs to move a boat wavrunner car etc...
    Last I heard the water is going down. I think Lake Houston is going to fair far worse than Conroe with 79,000 cfs being dumped into it right now. So horrible for everyone on both lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Did some boat wrangling on Lake Conroe yesterday. Our lakehouse I/O got loose, windshield completely smashed and frame bent, and quite a bit of fiberglass damage. The first pic is my truck in a neighbors driveway with the trailer in the FRONT yard to get to the boat.

boat1.jpg

Right after we got that boat out, a neighbor flagged us down because the boat below had gotten loose and floated up to their back patio. We had to walk the boat back out and tie it off between two docks. When we got to the docks, we were in chest deep water while standing on the actual pier.
    Crazy. Nothing compared to what's going on in Houston, but an interesting day none the less.

boat2.jpg
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

When I was down in Houston last month, I was able to go out on Lake Houston with one of the members of the Supra/moomba FB group, Scott. He has an SA that normally is moored on a lift. His house is waterfront.
    He shared a couple pics on FB...

He took the boat off as access to his lift is under water:

So, update on Scott. Water is over their deck and he's taking the kitty and heading to higher ground. He did as much as he could working through the night to put stuff as high as possible in the house, but it's not time for him to get out. Yes, he was able to get his Supra SA out of the slip before it got too high. And he has his waverunner tied to a tree so it can float up as water rises.

Pic from this morning, where you can see his same boathouse as above:

When I was there last month, the water level was easily a couple feet below the floor of the boathouse.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So, update on Scott. Water is over their deck and he's taking the kitty and heading to higher ground. He did as much as he could working through the night to put stuff as high as possible in the house, but it's not time for him to get out. Yes, he was able to get his Supra SA out of the slip before it got too high. And he has his waverunner tied to a tree so it can float up as water rises.

Pic from this morning, where you can see his same boathouse as above:

When I was there last month, the water level was easily a couple feet below the floor of the boathouse.
    Thanks for the update, Scott hoping for the Best. Trayson how is your family doing?
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig