Default Transmission clunk

When I put my 2013 LSV in to forward Drive from neutral it gives a good clunk sound. Is this normal?

And it just kind of always done this. My fluid levels are perfect.

I posted this question in the general discussion area but I thought it was more suited for this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Moomba LSV

Check the tightness on your coupler bolts from the output shaft to the propeller shaft. I'd bet money they're loose.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

You can reach around the v-drive to feel them. Might want to borrow a small mirror like a woman's compact one to get a good look. It can be hard to see in there.

Also may be helpful to have someone manually turn the propeller while you watch from inside the boat. Have them wiggle and see what you hear. Make sure boat is in neutral.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Transmission clunk

I’m going to revive this topic and see if anyone has anything more to suggest. I rode on a 2002 master craft and I was extremely surprised how smooth it went in to gear. Also, I noticed if I am already in forward motion, it goes in to gear much more smoothly.

I never did check those bolts. Where might I find them again?

What other ideas do you have? Or is this normal for Moomba boats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Davpmars; 07-20-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    2013 Moomba LSV

If you open the engine compartment side panel on the port side of the boat you can look down below and see where the shaft comes up to meet the back side of the V drive. It is hard to reach in there from the side. But, looking aft from in front of the v-drive you can reach around the v-drive on either side and feel the coupler and the bolts that connect it to the v-drive. Find a spot where you can get a view of the coupler and have someone (transmission in neutral) rotate the prop so you can view all four bolts. The nylock nuts should look tight and there should be no gap between the coupler and the v-drive flange.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!