after 8.5 years of diligent pumping and regular use, my old rule 2000 pump has stopped working.

i presume it is just wore out and needs to be replaced. maybe i should check the fuses, etc before this, but i really think it is most likely the pump is gone. i do not really feel like changing out the whole system to the three pumps and intakes, etc. I just want to replace the pump.

when i started to remove the pump it will not turn full rotations because the pump discharge hits the engine/transmission. it appears that the pump and intake were assembled and installed together and was not checked for clearance. i presume i can just put a wrench on the intake and give a strong twist of maybe 1/8 rotation to get the clearance. I can't imagine that the whole thing was bottomed out when assembling. but, if it was, and I am able to twist something loose, what might it be? is the scupper on the bottom of the hull attached/screwed to the hull, or is it just connected to the intake and tightened?

i am hoping that you who have changed, replaced, played with the intake will have a fast knowledge as we have all come to depend on you for.

thank you!
todd