Thread: depth gauge

Default depth gauge

08 lsv, found my air mar transducer, in my bilge. its plugged in. I purchased this boat used from a not so great dealer, where would my depth gauge be if I had it? I have an open gauge spot on the rt side of dash. do I just buy a gauge or is there more parts. thanks for the help

I have an 07 LSV and my depth finder stopped working this year. Had to replace it, cost about $400. Sorry to hear about your luck.
    2007 LSV

I have the stock depth gauge from my 2008 XLV. if it would work for you, shoot me an offer... simple with a black face.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have the same issue on mine, although I still have the gauge in the dash. It reads "- - -" all the time and the puck in the V-drive locker is just floating around. I have tried holding it under an inch of water like all other transducer instructions say prior to epoxying it down and it still will not work. I plan to replace the transducer and gauge with a nicer gauge - stock one is very hard to read in daylight. My opinion, a critical gauge like that needs to be readable at a glance! That said, mine has not worked for 1.5 seasons and I don't seem to sweat changing it out much...
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

it appears I have transducer but no gauge in the dash. trayson I want to do a little more research and find out what I NEED. I will keep you in mind give me a week or 2. also does your lcd perfect pass still read out ok? mine is spotty

Quote Originally Posted by mikepo26 View Post
    it appears I have transducer but no gauge in the dash. trayson I want to do a little more research and find out what I NEED. I will keep you in mind give me a week or 2. also does your lcd perfect pass still read out ok? mine is spotty
    My PP LCD is pretty good so far. I guess I'm lucky.

As far as the depth gauge, just LMK. It's not going anywhere and it's just sitting in a bin of boat project stuff.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com