Default Best Connectors for LED Wires?

I'm about to redo my cabin speakers and sub with Kicker KMs with the built in LEDs. I bought the RGB wire in 22 gauge to match the leads.

What is the best type of connector you have found for joining these wires where there will be several splice points?

I always find that butt connectors do not work as well when I get into the smaller wires. UR connectors maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

I will often use the red butt connectors with heat shrink insulation but I will strip the wire long and fold it over on itself to put more wire in the crimp. Key to any successful crimp is a nice heavy-duty crimper. I refuse to use the stamped steel stripper/cutter/crimper multi-tool for crimping. I will use that cheapo tool to strip the wire in a pinch but I use a good set of forged crimping pliers for the actual crimp. Having the right crimper will change your crimp connect game; if you don't have a good set go get some.

FYI

Phil
    Kicker

For all my LED's I soldered all the connections and covered with shrink wrap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

They do make smaller then the pink heat shrink butts for small wires like LEDs. I would avoid twisting too many ends together and making crimp. They have a tendency of coming apart. If you wire the LEDs in the most ideal manor, you can have no more than 3 conductors twisted together at each junction. Current speaker, previous speaker and wire going to next speaker.

I actually just redid mine (3rd time) because I didn't like the connectors I used in previous installs.

I have RGB, so 4 pin plugs.

What I like to do is basically build a wiring harness out of 4 16 gauge wires (red, green, blue, and black) that runs up one side, around the bow, and down the other. Under the dash I tap into my RGB controller to give the chain power, then I simply strip, solder, and heat shrink in the plus I want to use. If you plan it properly you can avoid using tape entirely.

I used these plugs and so far they are easily my favorite;
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/232447578795
    2013 Outback V