Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    I've seen a similar set up on here; But never saw results posted. It just proves there's always a better way! I don't think any reversible pump system could match what you're getting. Nice work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because of head pressure, my setup is on par with the reversibles or maybe a minute faster. But like I said, I am happy with the benefits.

And now that the new boats are offering TWO reversible pumps per bag, that's gonna be amazing. But a serious power draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    I want to see a pic of that 3700# wave! That thing has to be impressive!

I am usually running between 3000 and 3500. It's good sized and clean. I could handle it being a little longer, but it's been really fun and I don't want to go with lead because I trailer everywhere.

It's certainly not the best wave out there (the guys with the newer SA's certainly have me beat), but it's pretty decent for a 2008.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default New to me 2007 XLV - Ballast pump setup

I also have the 07 XLV. I run 3800 lbs to surf and still have the gravity 3. I installed the ball valves and did see an improvement but I'm still sitting at about 25 mins for a complete fill (400 lbs is not plumbed and I use an over the side pump).

If I could add one pump to the manifold and cut the time in half, I might go for it but I don't think it will work that well. Since I need at least two more holes in my boat, I'm going with the réversibles in the offseason.

I have gone back and forth and back and forth all season. There are pros and cons to each. I talked to several folks via PM and heard their take on previous installs. I decided to take up the floor and do a full reversible system for the sake of simplicity. Could I increase the speed by a couple of mins? Sure...could also save a buck doing it. But after dealing with the gravity III system for almost 10 years...the Air locks, replacement pumps, blown fuses, draining issues and the general "what part of it won't work this month" feeling - I want to scrap it and simplify everything.

The arguments for staying with aerators certainly have merit though. You've heard folks in this thread who are happy.

I'm probably keeping my 07 for several more years (which is fine I love this boat and know every inch of it) so this year it's getting a bit of a makeover in the ballast and stereo department.

Last edited by Poison; 08-25-2017 at 09:11 AM.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    I decided to take up the floor and do a full reversible system for the sake of simplicity.
    I can't encourage you enough to buy 3 sheets of hydroturf and get rid of your carpet when you take the floor out. It's SOOOOO worth it to not have carpet. And with the panels out, you're halfway there. It's really not that hard of a job to do the turf. Get the b-stock from PWC Muscle and hit them up for a forum discount code. You'll be in it to win it.

I also added a triangle of hydroturf to the bow (for traction when I nose up to pick up passengers) and likewise along the top of the gunwales. It's a huge plus. I have it running from the cleat to the tower leg with an additional strip between the tower leg and the end of the windshield.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I can't encourage you enough to buy 3 sheets of hydroturf and get rid of your carpet when you take the floor out. It's SOOOOO worth it to not have carpet.
    Or the spaghetti mat, or anything. I can't agree more, get rid of the carpet.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    Or the spaghetti mat, or anything. I can't agree more, get rid of the carpet.
    Everybody gets excited about replacing the carpet around here. I don't have a strong opinion for or against it. It has never caused me problems. I use it, put the boat back on the lift and it's always dry by the next day. Never smells bad or anything. I run the carpet cleaner when I winterize but other than that it isn't any trouble for me.

340HP CAT/ETX
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Everybody gets excited about replacing the carpet around here. I don't have a strong opinion for or against it. It has never caused me problems. I use it, put the boat back on the lift and it's always dry by the next day. Never smells bad or anything. I run the carpet cleaner when I winterize but other than that it isn't any trouble for me.

I wouldn't say that my carpet was "bad" per se. But the turf is just better for me. Feels better, easier to clean, dries amazingly quick, doesn't stain. Just more functional overall and I'm very happy I did it. I get tons of compliments on the hydroturf from people that come in my boat, from hardcore boating people to total newbies that really don't know the in's and out's of boat life.

That said, I'm all about modifying and upgrading anything and everything. It's borderline a 'disorder'! haha. I took delivery of my boat in the fall timeframe 3 seasons ago and the first winter I had it, the floors were pulled and the entire ballast system was gutted and the floors were changed out. So I hit the modifications ASAP on mine. That's just how I roll.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I wouldn't say that my carpet was "bad" per se. But the turf is just better for me. Feels better, easier to clean, dries amazingly quick, doesn't stain. Just more functional overall and I'm very happy I did it. I get tons of compliments on the hydroturf from people that come in my boat, from hardcore boating people to total newbies that really don't know the in's and out's of boat life.

That said, I'm all about modifying and upgrading anything and everything. It's borderline a 'disorder'! haha. I took delivery of my boat in the fall timeframe 3 seasons ago and the first winter I had it, the floors were pulled and the entire ballast system was gutted and the floors were changed out. So I hit the modifications ASAP on mine. That's just how I roll.
    I'm not knocking it. I've seen the pictures and yours looks great. This is just one of the few things that I don't really feel strongly about. I spend as much time tinkering with my boat as I do using it but I tend to stick to electrical unless I have something that just bugs me.

That said, I added the gunwale pads and triangle on the nose with leftovers from when I redid the OEM swim deck pad with hydroturf and have been very happy with that 20 min project.

Who knows, now that it's in my head I might change my mind when I get the floor up

But then again, I have enough of a project with the new pumps on my hands and duck hunting season starts right after boating season ends... We don't even get out the wetsuits until November down here.

340HP CAT/ETX

Same weight but smaller boat.. ☺️

IMG_20170819_083536_1.jpg
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

last post didnt go through, sorry If I double.
    I ordered some electric ball valves, seems like a cheap way to get going with busted valves. Boat is still at dealership getting brakes fixed. Is the inlet from the pump 1 1/8 and output to bags 3/4? I'd like to put manifold together this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by timmerz View Post
    last post didnt go through, sorry If I double.
    I ordered some electric ball valves, seems like a cheap way to get going with busted valves. Boat is still at dealership getting brakes fixed. Is the inlet from the pump 1 1/8 and output to bags 3/4? I'd like to put manifold together this afternoon.
    Should be, but I upgraded to 1" manifold and 1" valves so I am not 100% sure. The 1 1/8" sounds familiar but that might just be the thread on the Rule. If I remember correctly, mine had a 1" male nipple from the hose connected to the Rule pump. I threw all that away and went 1" ID throughout, until I got to my hoses to the bags, they are still 3/4"
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!