Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

BACOENG 1" DN25 Stainless Steel NPT 2 Port Motorized Valve (AC/DC9-24V CR04 Two Wires Spring Return When Power Off Electric Ball Valve) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010LT2NPY..._gB1NzbHBQS90G

I went with 1" valves, however, 3/4" are on same page and are $38. Amazon prime too!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    I wouldn't waste the money on the reversibles. Pull those sprinkler valves off, throw them in the garbage and replace with 3/4 electric ball valves wired to the existing sprinkler valve wiring. Add vent lines and check valves and you're done. It will fill faster than the reversible pumps. It's easier, cheaper and works as good.

Search eBay for the electric ball valves. They're maybe $50 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he wants to go with the electric ball valves, I'd be happy to sell him a pair for $50 shipped for both.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ed-Ball-Valves

That's it! Works like a charm! The 1 big rule pumps more water than three individual reversible pumps. I fill 2700#'s in under 20minutes.

20 minutes is too long for me. I can do 3500+ pounds of ballast (and I regularly do) in ~8 minutes. Did I have to pay for my upgrade in time and money? Yup. But I wouldn't go back and do it with any other solution that would take longer.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    If he wants to go with the electric ball valves, I'd be happy to sell him a pair for $50 shipped for both.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ed-Ball-Valves

20 minutes is too long for me. I can do 3500+ pounds of ballast (and I regularly do) in ~8 minutes. Did I have to pay for my upgrade in time and money? Yup. But I wouldn't go back and do it with any other solution that would take longer.
    Are you using diesel sump pump and 2" lines?

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Are you using diesel sump pump and 2" lines?

I wish!!!

I'm using T1200 aerator pumps on each of the rear 1100's and also on the 1180 playpen bag. (1 fill and 1 empty pump for each bag with 1.25" lines and dedicated thru hulls for each pump.). I'm using a Johnson reversible on the OEM scupper intake with the OEM 3/4" line to fill/empty a 400 bag and another 250 bag that are under seats.

So at any given time I'll have up to 4 pumps running.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I wish!!!

I'm using T1200 aerator pumps on each of the rear 1100's and also on the 1180 playpen bag. (1 fill and 1 empty pump for each bag with 1.25" lines and dedicated thru hulls for each pump.). I'm using a Johnson reversible on the OEM scupper intake with the OEM 3/4" line to fill/empty a 400 bag and another 250 bag that are under seats.

So at any given time I'll have up to 4 pumps running.
    I've seen a similar set up on here; But never saw results posted. It just proves there's always a better way! I don't think any reversible pump system could match what you're getting. Nice work!!

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

I've seen a similar set up on here; But never saw results posted. It just proves there's always a better way! I don't think any reversible pump system could match what you're getting. Nice work!!

I want to see a pic of that 3700# wave! That thing has to be impressive!

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

I've seen a similar set up on here; But never saw results posted. It just proves there's always a better way! I don't think any reversible pump system could match what you're getting.
    Yes they do and it's a much simpler install. If the aerator pumps are better then why has every boat manufacturer switched to using reversibles?
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

I went with the same basic setup as aerolland. I purchased these - https://ussolid.com/motorized-ball-v...u-s-solid.html - and have drastically reduced my fill time. It was an easy install too.

twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    Yes they do and it's a much simpler install. If the aerator pumps are better then why has every boat manufacturer switched to using reversibles?
    The aerator empty pumps can fickle. They can get air locked and stop pumping, they don't always empty the bags completely. These issues are pretty easy to fix. The reversible pumps definitely offer a cleaner install and probably don't cost the manufacturer as much in warranty repairs.

If I was buying a new boat, I would want the reversible pumps. But sinking the $ into a used boat that already had the aerator system in place didn't make sense to me. I'm having dreams of a 2019 Craz.

I love the fact that we all share ideas, successes and failures. I've learned so much from this group. The group of amazing folks on this forum is top reason I plan to stick with Moomba.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV