Default Having trouble starting.

2015 Mondo.

All last season I had an issue where "sometimes" the boat wouldn't turn over without jiggling the throttle a little bit. Well it didn't happen enough to justify a 3hr drive to boat & another 4hr tow to the dealer & then another 5hr drive home. To get it looked at. Well last trip boat wouldn't turn over & my little trick didn't work. I opened up the engine hatch and looked at the breakers. Pulled out a couple and put them back in & heard everything click. Then boat fired up and didn't have any issues the rest of the day.....

Well today it happened again at the launch ramp. So i did the breakers, heard it click & it still wouldn't turn. Moved the throttle a little bit and heard it try and fire but had problems. Finally got it fired up and went on our way. Shut off boat and hung out & it & then it happened again . Once I got it started i didn't shut it off till the trailer.

Throttle sensor?????

Help????!!!!!???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I would be looking at your throttle neutral switch

It's prolly internal short tripped breaker that's why it worked that time.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The above along with the kill button below the throttle, have had mine not want to start and just pushed on the lanyard for the kill switch and presto , but sounds more likes yours is the neutral switch
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Dealer swears it's a loose wire on the starter. Says he's seen it before on MBs & his boat personally. So I'm going to try and figure it out first before I make the trek to the dealer.

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Well I towed it to the dealer. It's a bad starter. In 2015 I guess they did an under mount starter (worst possible location). You have to lift the motor out to replace. 6-8hr job. They seem to think it won't be covered under warranty because it's wet. Well how can it not be wet? It's below the damn water line lol. Also my bilge is broke so that should be under warranty to.

They aren't a SC dealer anymore but this should be an indmar warranty.

I specifically bought this boat because of the boat show special. 5 year * Auto Flow.

We shall see, hopefully the salesman hooks me up and won't let them do me dirty.

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

From what i understand, starters can go bad from continued usage with low voltage. Didnt you just recently have to replace your battery? Dont you run like 5 or 6 amps on that one battery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    From what i understand, starters can go bad from continued usage with low voltage. Didnt you just recently have to replace your battery? Dont you run like 5 or 6 amps on that one battery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    4 amps. When stereo was acting up I switched to the other one. But that makes sense, either way it should be under warranty.

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0