Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need Advice: Want to take a late season trek with the boat down to Lake of the Ozarks

Up here in Wisconsin our season wraps up quickly. I want to extend the season by at least one long weekend and trailer down to Lake of the Ozarks.

Question I have for folks that have been on that lake:

Is it completely taken over by big Baja style boats?

Too big of lake for wakeboard boat as far as waves/rollers?

Is it worth the trip in late september?

Chime in with your experiences on the lake with other boaters, finding good places to wakeboard/ski, etc.

Im also open to suggestions of another large southern lake that has restaurants/bars on it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rugburn; 08-18-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Jim Hagen
    Madison, Wisconsin
    facebook.com/signedgewraps

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV - Exiled
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

Let me know I'm from Burlington wi thinking about the same idea. Also in rhinelander quite often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say if you were going during the week it would be okay. but weekend I would not take my Supra down there. We ran a 24' at bro-stock the last couple years on the weekend but there was very little riding. You have to get up early and get lucky on the right spots, if you do not know the lake well to get good water.
    We like going to bull shoals and Norfork lakes but that is further down. Also in IL there is a power station Lake in Clinton IL 2 to 3 hour south of Chicago. This lake use to be warm late in the season not real big and wind affected it a little bit (I do not know if the nuclear power station is still running in Clinton that was the reason the water was so warm). This lake use to be good early season and late season but I have not been there in over 6 years.
    Also no restaurants or cabins on lake that I know of. we would stay at the holiday in in Clinton and trailer the boat each day.
    2007 supra 21v

If you're willing to road trip that far, drive the extra 1.5 hours and hit Tablerock.
    2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    If you're willing to road trip that far, drive the extra 1.5 hours and hit Tablerock.
    I've heard a little about that lake. Better for our kind of boating?

Jim Hagen
    Madison, Wisconsin
    facebook.com/signedgewraps

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV - Exiled
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

I stand corrected, more like 2.5 hours...but still worth it. Much Better water likely fewer bars depending on where you're headed.
    2013 Mojo

Default Want to take a late season trek with the boat down to Lake of the Ozarks

Quote Originally Posted by Rugburn View Post
    I've heard a little about that lake. Better for our kind of boating?

I think so. I don't do bars on the lake so if that's a pre-req you may be disappointed depending on where you head. Much like the Ozarks it's a long and winding lake. some sections have more commercial development and heavier traffic than others.

I believe rdlangston just made a trip there, may have some good 3rd party insights for you.
    Last edited by c h r i s; 08-18-2017 at 11:55 PM.
    2013 Mojo

Def head down to table rock.
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold

funny thing about the boating season-seems the same down south as up north. was on lake Martin in Alabama last week and the local schools had allready started, the lake was pretty empty during the week. I would imagine the weekends will be pretty calm now with school sports starting up
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Clinton is still up and running. You can find calm water past the discharge is the (creek). We will boat there till mid october as long as air temp can be 70.
    Work to live!!
    2015 mondo
    Aviator tower
    Auto flow
    94 rinker 180 gone