Question Newbie - what services I need for winterization?

Ok I am complete boat Newbie
    This is my second year of having a boat, what services do I need for winterization?
    I typically ride the boat till middle to end of August - roughly 20-25 engine hours over the summer. Right now it has 45 engine hours.
    When I send it for winterization what all should I include in it?
    1) Winterization including ballasts drying
    2) Oil change - every year or every other year? Does it have a filter like car that needs to be replaced as well and do I replace it everytime w oil change?
    3) ? Water Impeller every other year? Is this same as WPM (Water Pump Maintenance?) I already did WPM this year before putting boat in. SHould I do WPM every other year ? ($150)
    4) Is this the same impeller for the ballasts as well? Do we need to replace that too or just keep using till it gives trouble?
    5) ? What is outdrive maintenance? and How often - asking 150 for it . Is this same as V drive fluid change? Do I need V drive fluid change and how oftern
    6) ? Change transmission fluid? If needed how often?
    7) Exterior ($300- 3 step buff and wax) and interior ($300 - complete power wash and shampoo carpets) - I am thinking this is waste even though I have made few scratches on the outside
    Acid wash hull? ($200) I dont think we dont have zebra mussel on our lake so probably not? Plus we use it only on one lake

Thanks for answering all these silly questions
    2016 Moomba Mondo

Oh no, not the dreaded "W" word???????????????? There's still more than a month of summer left.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Oh no, not the dreaded "W" word???????????????? There's still more than a month of summer left.
    Trust me, wish I had more time w my boat
    2016 Moomba Mondo

Where do you live?

1. Winterization is pulling the drain plugs out of the exhaust and engine block. Detaching a few key hoses, and blowing air through the hose lines so that there's not enough water anywhere to freeze and cause an issue. Some people do the RV antifreeze and fog the cylinders, but I don't bother. We get freezing temps overnight over the winter but nothing too bad. Detach your ballast bags from the hoses and blow out the lines.
    2. Most all of us do an oil change at least every year. Yes, replace the filter. It's silly not to when we're only talking a few extra dollars.
    3. I'd think every other year would be fine for you. you're not using your boat all that much.
    4. The ballast pumps use a completely different sized impeller. I wouldn't bother with those yearly. Honestly, you remove 3 screws and take the cap off your ballast pump and pull out the impeller and look at it. if it has chunks out of it, replace. Or if your fill drain times seem longer, check it out.
    5. Look at your owner's manual for the spec on duration between fluid changes. We don't have an "outdrive" on our boats.
    6. See owner's manual. It's in there.
    7. Wash it yourself. wipe it down with some boat bling hot sauce. put some spray wax on it.
    8. Acid wash of the hull is for people that leave their boat moored in the water and it has a thick scum on it below the water line. I can't imagine you'd need this.

Are you not at all a DIY type person? None of these things are all that hard. If you can change the oil in your car, you can do most anything on your list... Boat dealers make hundreds of dollars for relatively simple tasks that people aren't willing to tackle themselves. Plus, you have TONS of resources on this forum for how to do about anything.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Where do you live?

1. Winterization is pulling the drain plugs out of the exhaust and engine block. Detaching a few key hoses, and blowing air through the hose lines so that there's not enough water anywhere to freeze and cause an issue. Some people do the RV antifreeze and fog the cylinders, but I don't bother. We get freezing temps overnight over the winter but nothing too bad. Detach your ballast bags from the hoses and blow out the lines.
    2. Most all of us do an oil change at least every year. Yes, replace the filter. It's silly not to when we're only talking a few extra dollars.
    3. I'd think every other year would be fine for you. you're not using your boat all that much.
    4. The ballast pumps use a completely different sized impeller. I wouldn't bother with those yearly. Honestly, you remove 3 screws and take the cap off your ballast pump and pull out the impeller and look at it. if it has chunks out of it, replace. Or if your fill drain times seem longer, check it out.
    5. Look at your owner's manual for the spec on duration between fluid changes. We don't have an "outdrive" on our boats.
    6. See owner's manual. It's in there.
    7. Wash it yourself. wipe it down with some boat bling hot sauce. put some spray wax on it.
    8. Acid wash of the hull is for people that leave their boat moored in the water and it has a thick scum on it below the water line. I can't imagine you'd need this.

Are you not at all a DIY type person? None of these things are all that hard. If you can change the oil in your car, you can do most anything on your list... Boat dealers make hundreds of dollars for relatively simple tasks that people aren't willing to tackle themselves. Plus, you have TONS of resources on this forum for how to do about anything.
    The boat is stored in north Minnesota. Thanks for your comments. Appreciate all the help
    2016 Moomba Mondo

This was one of the better threads but was for an older boat. Procedures should be about the same but some stuff might be located differently on your model:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....w-and-improved
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!