Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yes, I have DEF. ...for now
    2016 Craz

Ok, I've pretty much settled on a MM3 tuned by Ray at Double R Diesel. He gets great reviews and seems to have superb customer service.
    He's come out with a tune that allows you to leave your factory emissions equipment in place, but shuts off the EGR and prevents regens. So basically all you need to buy is the MM3 unit (which is also your gages). However, he doesn't recommend leaving the DPF in place if the truck has over 50k miles, which mine does. So i'll need to buy an exhaust which I want to do anyway.

Now i just gotta decide when to pull the trigger. My wallet is still sore from the $1,100 I just spent to have the stupid EGR cleaned.
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    there is a required service to be performed every 67,500 miles that involves removing and cleaning the soot out of the EGR cooler, EGR valve, crossover tube and replacing the CCV filter (which is inside the valve cover I understand).
    Sh!t... I just bought a 2014 RAM 2500 with about 80k on it. I did the CCV filter, fuel filters, etc. shortly after I bought it to set my own baseline, not trusting the dealer or previous owner to have done actual maintenance. I have not seen anything recommended or highlighted relating to the soot cleanup though.

Any chance that was only certain model years before DEF came into play?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Nope , that's why it says perform service , and the manual says to take it to your dealer, Dodge number 1 has only been to the dealership for recall work , and shes got 364,000 on it and running strong , love our dodges
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Right, but on mine the perform service message, according to the book,said it was the CCV filter replacement needed, nothing about soot cleanup.

Maybe the whiskey is clouding my judgement here. Are you saying no dealer service required, or be ready to pony up?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I wouldn't pony up yet , but that's me , they recommend the removal and cleaning of your egr , egr cooler, when replacing the ccv filter ,that hasn't changed with newer DEF .I would do it your next interval along with the turbo cleaning, but that's me , cleaned way too many at 130,000 for the first time, that really didn't need cleaning even at that point , but it doesn't hurt anything to do it either , except your wallet if you don't do it yourself
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

A guy in my neighnor hood does deisel performance, I can give you his number and you can give him a ring.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Being big in the diesel performance world I'll just say this... if it's working, don't touch it. As soon as you go start messing with these stupid a** high strung emissions systems you'll open a can of worms that is going to cost you money one way or another. Leave it alone or delete it. I prefer the latter, but warranty isn't important to me.
    If you'd like to talk some, pm me, I'll give ya a cell #. One of these days when all the other projects are complete I'm gonna start the build on my new '17 Cummins. Right now it's a game to see how long I can make the emissions last and the VGT actuator from failing. I broke my own rule by buying a newer post emissions diesel, and I've learned a lot from a few builds. I miss my VP44 tucks... lol
    If ya can't tell, the only reason I'm a pilot is to support all my bad vehicle habits... this was the last 2nd gen build, my personal truck. 578hp, 1003ftlb freight train.

Notice a theme...? Lol
    Last edited by Broke Pilot; 10-06-2017 at 01:50 PM.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Just read this thread all the way through... sorry.
    If you're wanting to delete, look into the new EZLynk. I like ray over at double R, but he does some weird stuff for tunes. I'm not a fan of the race me tuners, I see that a true ECM unlock in the long run lasts longer. Plus, I like being able to just throw a cell phone up there for gauges so there's nothing hanging around the truck to be stolen. Also, having instant tune updates is freakin cool.
    If you're not a member on Cummins forum.com, do it, lots of good info that's been beaten to death over there.
    Since your truck is a DEF truck, your egr system should be relatively clean. That's on of the few benefits. With def there's less egr circulation than pre def trucks since it's making the exhaust work for you finally. If you go with a double r egr delete, you're gonna use about a tank or more def fluid every 2-3k miles depending on how you drive since you're asking more of the system with no egr. It's that whole no free lunch kinda deal...
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

parts1.jpg
    parts2.jpg
    parts3.jpg

Some parts fell off my truck this weekend. Now it smokes a lot when i rev it in park.
    2016 Craz