Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2016 Craz prop help

My 2016 craz came with the stock 14.25 x 14.5 prop. I'm looking for a little more holeshot wakeboarding and for the first time this weekend while surfing with a boatful of people I could not get to 11mph. So, I am looking to reprop. I need a little clarification between the differences in my options I am looking at.

The dealer option for an upgraded prop was the 15x13 prop. Wakemakers prop selection guide suggested the 14.5 x 14.25 for wakeboarding/surfing and the 14.5x12 for high elevation.

I am located in Atlanta (about 800 feet above sea level), wakeboard 40%, surf 40%, cruise around with the family 20%. Surfing I run 1100s in the rears, 700 center, and I put a 750 in the front. Wakeboarding I fill the rears about half way and the center tank about half full.

Open to suggestions, but trying to decide which of these 3 options I should be looking at. What will the 15x13 be better at compared to the 14.5 x 14.25 or 14.5 x 12 . I don't need the best top end but I would like to run away from storms if need be. Help!
    2016 Craz

I have a 2017 Craz and started with the same prop. I went with the OJ 945 and it is a holeshot monster. No issue with taking off with even 3500lb of ballast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I live in GA and use the OJ 945. It's a great prop, will do what you want it to do. I run about 5000lbs ballast in my CRAZ.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Craz

Boards:
    Day 1 Wake Payne Killer
    Doomswell Drone 4'10"
    Phase 5 Diamond
    Hyperlite Quad
    Lakewakes Hooligan
    Phase 5 grom
    CWB Razr

Tubes:
    Sombrero
    Bandwagon

I have the factory 15x3 and love it , it makes the boat a tow horse , I top out at 30mph but it pulls like you wouldn't believe , I do have the launch system with the auto wake so that helps too , but with 4200 lbs of ballast it didn't even struggle to get me up or get on plane my .02 cents
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

OJ 945 is the factory upgraded prop. It does a good job.

I ended up with the Acme 2419 after talking with Nettles. No problems getting on plane. Run right at 4k RPM at 30 mph cruising speed.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

How does the 14.5 x 14.25 compare to the 15x13? I see mostly positive reviews for the 15x13, just not comparison to what wakemakers is suggesting. Anyone know their top speed unweighted in the 15x13?
    2016 Craz

What do you mean by how does it compare? Skiers Choice has it as the upgraded prop for running ballast. It was my understanding their opinion was that the boats should be ordered with the upgraded OJ 945.

Top speed with the OJ (or 15x1x props) should be in the 35 ballpark.

Nothing against wakemakers but when it comes to props, I lean more heavily on Nettles expertise. There should be a forum discount and if you get something and you don't like it I believe they will swap it out.

http://www.nettleprops.com/

They have a guide chart also but not sure how up-to-date they keep it. It looks like they have several other recommendations for the Moomba Line up but I'm not sure what all the difference are. The are knowledgeable on the subject, though, and always been willing to discuss over the phone.

http://www.nettleprops.com/nettle-pr...nce-guide.aspx
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 08-14-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

KG is right, utilize Nettles. He has been dealing in Props for longer than most of us have been able to spell boat!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Trying to compare top speed vs holeshot and and gph effects on consumption. I don't care a ton about the consumption unless both will meet my needs and one has less fuel consumption.

OK so 15x13 is 35ish. Will one have a better holeshot than the other? Will the 14.5x14.25 have a lower or higher top speed?

Going to sound like a newb here, but who or what is Nettles? A person on here, company?

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    What do you mean by how does it compare? Skiers Choice has it as the upgraded prop for running ballast. It was my understanding their opinion was that the boats should be ordered with the upgraded OJ 945.

Top speed with the OJ (or 15x1x props) should be in the 35 ballpark.

Nothing against wakemakers but when it comes to props, I lean more heavily on Nettles expertise. There should be a forum discount and if you get something and you don't like it I believe they will swap it out.

http://www.nettleprops.com/

They have a guide chart also but not sure how up-to-date they keep it. It looks like they have several other recommendations for the Moomba Line up but I'm not sure what all the difference are ....

http://www.nettleprops.com/nettle-pr...nce-guide.aspx
    2016 Craz

The 15x13 should have a better hole shot but a little slower (or higher rpm) on the top end.

Nettles Props is a company out of TX that has given great support to the Moomba community for a lot of years now. They sell new and fix used props. Give JT a call and he will likely provide all the info you need. And as mentioned, if you don't get what you like, I believe they will exchange it.

512-837-7707 is their number. Links to their website are also above.
    2016 Moomba Mojo