Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default New Boat Shopping-2017' deals

Hi all,

I'm new here and am in the process of shopping for a new boat. I have owned other boats, but this will be my first boat of this design. We have looked at Malibu, Axis, Supra, and Moomba. For the money we want to spend I think we've liking a 2017 Mojo. I have researched all kinds of listings and lurked on forums trying to make sure I'm educated before I make a purchase. My question is, with 2018 models coming in, what kind of deal/sale would be considered good on a 2017 considering they are only a few weeks from being last years model? I know options make a big price difference but I assume being anywhere near full MSRP would be a horrible deal. I guess what I'm asking is if I was to build a boat on the Moomba site and it cost $XXXXXXX, what kind of room does a dealer have right off the bat for negotiations and then how much more will they move at the end of the year?

Thanks all!

Welcome, where are you from? That will drive a big piece of your question.

Another option is to wait until the boat show in your area and see if there are any left over 17's.

a 17 Mojo will range from 65k up to 91k.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Thank you, I live in Northwest Louisiana, so I have Texas, and Arkansas nearby. I was considering just waiting until the Dallas boat show in Feb to see what kind of deals are available or even just ordering a 2018 exactly the way we want. With toys like these that are not only expensive, but depreciate quickly, I need to make sure I'm not over paying.

Greg Orr Marine currently has some 2016 boats they are blowing out .... They may be all Supra's, though.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Thank you. I visited them this weekend. I think the 2016's were Supra's. One of them was in really poor shape for being new. Sad!

I am from the east side of northern LA, so I have a clue about where you are talking about. I think Bayou has a Helix left in inventory and I hear they may no longer be our Supra/Moomba dealer. For me, that puts Gregg Orr as my Supra dealer and B & L Marine in Monroe as my Moomba dealer. I did not even realize I had a Moomba dealer in my back yard up until last week when I designed a Craz after looking at one at Gregg Orr while I was up on Lake Ouachita camping. I will be talking to B & L possibly this week getting a price on a new Craz/Mojo. I have still yet to figure out the normal % off on the SC products. I have been shopping Malibu's for a while now and know about what they come off. If the Craz or Mojo can come in under the new Malibu 21 VLX (around $80k but to me is nicer on interior than Moomba plus I am just used to the Malibu wakes), or come in under an Axis T22/T23 price, then I may go with a Moomba.
    Jeremy

2018 Malibu 23 LSV
    2010 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu VLX - Sold
    1999 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu LXi - Sold
    1997 Malibu LX - Sold
    1994 Mastercraft PS205 - Sold
    1985 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes - wish I still had

You can get a new Bu for 80k?

I compared with the Axis when I was shopping and the fit and finish were a big part of why I went Moomba. But that fit and finish wouldn't compare to a Bu.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    You can get a new Bu for 80k?

I compared with the Axis when I was shopping and the fit and finish were a big part of why I went Moomba. But that fit and finish wouldn't compare to a Bu.
    Yeah that new '21 VLX for $80k is a good deal on a boat fairly loaded with a better fit and finish than the Moomba. It isn't as nice as the normal '22, but it beats the budget boats out. Hoping to stay lower than that though which is why the Axis and Moomba have been getting a close look this time.
    Jeremy

2018 Malibu 23 LSV
    2010 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu VLX - Sold
    1999 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu LXi - Sold
    1997 Malibu LX - Sold
    1994 Mastercraft PS205 - Sold
    1985 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes - wish I still had

Have you been in that Malibu 21 vlx? 21ft long with a 98" beam, that's smaller than the Mondo, but no denying the fit and finish. I would also look at a lightly used 2015 or newer Supra SC400
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

If you're looking for a Malibu the dealer here in Bossier City has two of the 2016 23 foot models (sorry not familiar with Malibu) for smoking deals. The LSU colored Malibu is $89k and loaded and they has a silver/black one for low $90's. They claim they want to make a deal. Just out of my price range.