Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

On 2018 models, what % off of msrp considered a really good deal. I just ordered my SL and was curious what % off everyone would think a good deal is?
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

I'll play if you give us your answer

For a new model Supra 20%
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Talking to dealers of different manufacturers around here, it seems that 8% to 12% is what you are getting depending on the make/dealer. In the spring it's very close to MSRP. The big variable seems to be what different dealers charge for processing fees and freight and set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I'll play if you give us your answer

For a new model Supra 20%
    I wish it was that on a current model Supra, it's close to a close out maybe.

On the Moomba 5%-7% I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    I wish it was that on a current model Supra, it's close to a close out maybe.

On the Moomba 5%-7% I have seen.
    Oh wow. I do that throughout the year on purchases. The end of the year purchases should be at least 10%.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I would think for an early 18 model the 8-12% would be pretty good, need to consider how you were treated on the trade too if you traded your old boat, my boat show deal in feb for a 17 was close to 9% off msrp for the boat purchase , but considering what they did for my trade and other perks in the end it came out around 17% after crunching all the numbers, got a much better deal with a boat they had on inventory vs ordering one too, couldn't get better than 10% overall when trying to order what I wanted during the boat show.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by shockthis View Post
    On 2018 models, what % off of msrp considered a really good deal. I just ordered my SL and was curious what % off everyone would think a good deal is?
    I never understand this. What does it matter if the MSRP is, in one's opinion, over-inflated to begin with? If you pay $50,000 OTD for a new boat do you feel better if the MSRP was $150,000 than you would if the MSRP was $100,000? In my mind, my pocket is still short $50,000. I deal with this at the boat shows when someone has a budget and can get what they want within that limit, but will stretch to something much higher in cost because the more expensive boat is "a better deal" or "they offer a bigger discount."

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I never understand this. What does it matter if the MSRP is, in one's opinion, over-inflated to begin with? If you pay $50,000 OTD for a new boat do you feel better if the MSRP was $150,000 than you would if the MSRP was $100,000? In my mind, my pocket is still short $50,000. I deal with this at the boat shows when someone has a budget and can get what they want within that limit, but will stretch to something much higher in cost because the more expensive boat is "a better deal" or "they offer a bigger discount."
    I think it's pretty straight forward actually. MSRP is a readily available, quantifiable number. And percentage off that number gives people (in a scalable manner) a benchmark for what kind of pricing others are getting.

For example, if buyer #1 is looking at a Supra that has an MSRP of $100k and gets it for 10% off, they've paid $90k. That end price itself isn't as interesting or significant to others as the percentage. Because Buyer #2 that's looking at a $80k supra would hope to be able to get a similar percentage and buy his for $72k.

Now, we realize that markup on different elements of a boat are going to vary, but what people tend to experience is that different dealers are willing to discount their boats more relative to their cost because maybe they sell a higher volume or have a different business model.

Buyers will always want to know how good of deal is realistic and that's one way to quantify it. It's not about buying more boat than you can afford, it's more about trying to get the BEST deal on the boat you're considering.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I got 15% off msrp when I bought my 16 craz in February 2016. Didn't take a whole lot of negotiating to get there either.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I got a little over 22% off on my 2017 Supra in July right when the 2018 models were starting to hit the dealers. They also gave me over payoff on my 1 year old Mojo that I bought from them...unfortunately for the dealer it is still for sale on their used lot.

I almost forgot...the dealer also threw in the 20 hour and 100 hour service as well
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix