Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So--you have some options. Personally, I'd look at the new boats--the materials keep getting nicer every year. More importantly, the new boats are coming with features that make surfing so much easier to manage without enormous bags of water on the floor and seats. And better warranties.

Width is an important thing to consider, but it is not a perfect measurement of space. Check the interior width of these boats too. The Mondo is a nice package at 99". It comes with a lot of nice goodies. The Helix is enormous for it's size. You need to get in the boats to really feel it.

Other boats--the VLX21. nice boat, but suddenly you are in the $85K area with tax and tip. Again, get in the boats and you get a sense of space. Also the NXT20. Don't just look at the measurements and MSRP online. They all have upsides.

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Other boats--the VLX21. nice boat, but suddenly you are in the $85K area with tax and tip.
    Wait - now we have to tip when purchasing a boat?? lol

I always do. Just seem appropriate.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonbmcd View Post
    Just the "tip"...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by jonbmcd View Post
    Ha! I deleted my first comment before posting. Use your imagination.

Default New Boat Shopping-2017' deals

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Just the "tip"...
    Just for a second...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

The OP stated fit and finish to be his most important deciding factors. I will tell you, do not underestimate the importance of size, especially since your budget puts you well above the average for most mid range 23'boats. After owning my Mojo, It would be tough to trade for a 21 footer no matter the fit and finish. I would most decisively not even remotely consider trading in for a 21' Bu, MC, nautique or Supra.
    Those extra 2' do not seem like much, but within the limited space boats offer, it makes a big difference. When having 2-3 families with us, my 13 y/o daugter likes to chill in the bow with 2-3 of her friends, adults fit comfortably in the cabin with room to spare. THe 400 engine is plenty to pull a skier,waker or surfer, even with a full crew. And regarding the fit and finish, when my Mojo is cleaned and detailed inside, I think its beautiful. I cant stop at a gas station without someone asking about the boat and offering a complement.
    I paid thousands less for my '15 Mojo than what you quoted on that 21 LSV. The only 2 options my Mojo did not come with were the 440 engine and the Carpet was just the standard grey carpet. Otherwise nicely optioned as it was a dealer demo. I bought it in August in Minnessota so the dealer was very motivated to offer a very generous discount.
    Would I trade for an MC X-23, or a Bu 23 lsv, or supra SE, heck yeah!, If I could, but they're out of my budget.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I bought new just before the boat show, got what I wanted with a pick of the litter on the lot. Been very happy for 12 years. They are a great investment in your family, if you use them.
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

I can tell you in the north pricing is getting nuts on a Moomba. Several buds of mine said they are close to what malibu will blow out boats for and malibu resales higher. All boats perform well. The maliby, supra, moomba are top performers but when pricing becomes close it's malibu due to resale. Just is what it is. My buds and I will be looking for 2 or three left over craz or bout of market max and if we can't get them we know left over malibu on bulk deal will sell. We seen boats vary from what we are all quoted but similar builds 20k. That just says bad business and go somewhere else. Mokmba needs to keep its entry pricing and value purchase to the end user and not dealer or malibu will gain again and MB is stepping up. Selling the corolla model for the Lexus price means I'll just by the Mercedes
    Northern Mondo Owner
    2015 with the Auto Flow

I just picked up a 2017 craz on an end of season deal for WELL under the 80K mark.... wetsound speakers, auto wake 2.0 surf package