Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Have you been in that Malibu 21 vlx? 21ft long with a 98" beam, that's smaller than the Mondo, but no denying the fit and finish. I would also look at a lightly used 2015 or newer Supra SC400
    I have, it does feel a bit narrow, but it is actually only 2" more narrow than my current VLX. I think I could deal with it for the other features it has if I decide to go with the full $80k budget. I am really hoping to stay a good bit under that though. I would definitely considering a used SC/newer SA/SG/SE if I were to find one in range.

Right now for $80k and under, here are what I have on the list so far in no particular order:
    1) '17-18 21' VLX
    2) leftover '16-17 VLX if I can find one when rebates come out soon
    3) '17-18 Moomba Craz/Mojo
    4) used SC/SA/SG/SE
    5) used '15 Malibu LSV (might fall in range in next months)
    5) used '14 G21 (this will be hard if I have to trade mine in and purchase from a dealer, but might could hit this range from an individual in the next month or two).
    6)

Quote Originally Posted by Pock View Post
    If you're looking for a Malibu the dealer here in Bossier City has two of the 2016 23 foot models (sorry not familiar with Malibu) for smoking deals. The LSU colored Malibu is $89k and loaded and they has a silver/black one for low $90's. They claim they want to make a deal. Just out of my price range.
    I knew the '17 LSV would be out of my price range that I am willing to spend anyway. I have seen that LSU colored one (think they have an Axis that same color too) and although I love some LSU football, my boat does not need to look like my football teams colors!
    Jeremy

2018 Malibu 23 LSV
    2010 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu VLX - Sold
    1999 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu LXi - Sold
    1997 Malibu LX - Sold
    1994 Mastercraft PS205 - Sold
    1985 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes - wish I still had

There is a 2015 grey and dark red SC400 on only inboards for around $78K at Premier Watersports, you could probably get it for closer to $74K or so if you were willing to drive as it is in Knoxville, TN.....drive up for the LSU-UT game, go home with a sweet boat! I want to buy it, but wife told me to keep the Mojo.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

What boat attributes are most important to you? Wake, wave, interior plushness, electronic features, freeboard, handling, warranty, etc
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    What boat attributes are most important to you? Wake, wave, interior plushness, electronic features, freeboard, handling, warranty, etc

If this question is for me, fit and finish on a boat in my price range is probably the most important. My wife and I are new to watersports (we both wish we would have tried this earlier) so I don't think we'd notice much difference in performance from brand to brand.

You need to demo every boat you can to make an informed decision. Drive them down a lake with chop, a smooth section, set it up to surf and board, find a quite cove and just sit....you'll be amazed at the things that begin to actually make a difference to you.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Don't cross the Mondo off the list with the squared off front at 20 1/2' it feels bigger inside that the VLX 21.

If this question is for me, fit and finish on a boat in my price range is probably the most important. My wife and I are new to watersports (we both wish we would have tried this earlier) so I don't think we'd notice much difference in performance from brand to brand.
    In your price range, imo, you will have to value how much a full warranty means to you. A gently used Supra sounds more like your preferred boat if you like the interior appointments. There is definitely a difference.

My personal experience in regards to that topic .... Both me and my best bud had 06 Supras. I went into a 16 Mojo at the same time he got into a 15 Supra. My 16 Mojo is awesome until I get into his. I'd much rather be in his Supra (i like the nice appointments also). However, when talking with other friends that come on the boat, they look around and wonder what could possible be much better. So fit and finish can be quite relative.

There have been a couple others on here that have gone between recent model Moomba and Supras that might have some good insight in those regards.

Size is also a big consideration. I didn't realize the 21' VLX mentioned was also a 98" beam ... thats small, I wouldn't consider it for the way we use the boat. Depending on your group size, the difference between a Supra SC and Moomba Mojo (21 vs 23) is significant if you are spending a full day on the water.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    In your price range, imo, you will have to value how much a full warranty means to you. A gently used Supra sounds more like your preferred boat if you like the interior appointments. There is definitely a difference.

My personal experience in regards to that topic .... Both me and my best bud had 06 Supras. I went into a 16 Mojo at the same time he got into a 15 Supra. My 16 Mojo is awesome until I get into his. I'd much rather be in his Supra (i like the nice appointments also). However, when talking with other friends that come on the boat, they look around and wonder what could possible be much better. So fit and finish can be quite relative.

There have been a couple others on here that have gone between recent model Moomba and Supras that might have some good insight in those regards.

Size is also a big consideration. I didn't realize the 21' VLX mentioned was also a 98" beam ... thats small, I wouldn't consider it for the way we use the boat. Depending on your group size, the difference between a Supra SC and Moomba Mojo (21 vs 23) is significant if you are spending a full day on the water.
    Thank you for the reply. I agree about your point on warranty because it is important to me. I also agree with you about how nice the Supra's are and I do like them better as well. But my wife, like your friends, can't find enough difference between the Moomba Line and more expensive brands to justify the cost difference. To her boat is a means to have fun, not live in. We also feel if we consider a used Supra and give up warranty, we should consider a used Moomba and save more money. Might not exactly be logical but if we go used I want a bargain. We do need to try to get to the dealers and get on the water. They ones where we can are about 4 hours away so it's not real easy.

As for all the VLX talk, I'm not sure who that is, but it did kinda hi-jack my post lol.

I hope some of the others you mention jump on and provide their insight.

-James
    Last edited by Pock; 08-15-2017 at 10:20 AM.

As for all the VLX talk, I'm not sure who that is, but it did kinda hi-jack my post lol.
    Sorry Pock, did not mean to hi-jack your tread. I had referenced the other option in post #6 as one of my alternative choices I am really having to consider to stay in a certain price range since it is in the same/lower range as a full MSRP price of some of the Moomba's.

If your ever on the opposite side of the state one weekend, you are more than welcome to join me for surf/wakeboard session and I will gladly point out the lists of things I like/don't like about my boat, all of which are subjective and first world problems as ALL these newer boats are nicer and more advanced than some of my previous boats!

Good luck on your search.
    Jeremy

2018 Malibu 23 LSV
    2010 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu VLX - Sold
    1999 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu LXi - Sold
    1997 Malibu LX - Sold
    1994 Mastercraft PS205 - Sold
    1985 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes - wish I still had

Quote Originally Posted by jwl019 View Post
    Sorry Pock, did not mean to hi-jack your tread. .
    No worries at all man. I didn't write that to come off as rude. Just trying to keep the advice coming my way straight. It's a forum, you're more than welcome to post lol. Thanks a ton for the invite. I might have to take you up on it!

-James