Default Hours meter reading ERROR 1

Bought a 2010 XLV Gravity Games edition this year and have had an amazing summer. Earlier this summer though, we hit a small log and had to have the shaft, strut and prop replaced. At the same time of this damage the hours meter on the RPM gauge started reading "ERROR 1". I had the dealership fix everything but they don't know anything at all about why the gauge is reading ERROR 1. They told me it would require a new gauge entirely. I just find it odd that the gauge was working properly until I hit the log/stick.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by hamstring View Post
    Bought a 2010 XLV Gravity Games edition this year and have had an amazing summer. Earlier this summer though, we hit a small log and had to have the shaft, strut and prop replaced. At the same time of this damage the hours meter on the RPM gauge started reading "ERROR 1". I had the dealership fix everything but they don't know anything at all about why the gauge is reading ERROR 1. They told me it would require a new gauge entirely. I just find it odd that the gauge was working properly until I hit the log/stick.

Any ideas?
    I am guessing coincidence?

My 2010 Outback V shows this same error. (Popped up randomly at the end of last season.)

My limited research, and more limited dealer service assistance, indicates that gauge replacement is the only fix. I was unable to track down a gauge from Beede directly. I would assume Skiers Choice could assist, as my dealer couldn't seem to figure out what to do. I simply added a hidden hour meter, and ignore the error.

Interested to know what you find out, as I would prefer to correct the message if it isn't a $500 fix.
    2010 Outback V