Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchase timing

Default Purchase timing

Hi, folks! I'm new to this board and want to thank you all for the useful information.

I think I've decided on which model I want for next season and now I'm deciding on when the best time is to order it. As I understand it, any boat ordered from the factory for the next year will be a 2007. Since I live in Nebraska, I probably won't be putting it into the water before May 2007.

I have been told by a dealer that the best deals are during boat show promotions January and February. Is this true? Another non-Moomba dealer told me that there are fall promotions as well as a price increase in January.

Any thoughts on the best timing for a 2007 Moomba purchase?

Default Replying to Topic 'Purchase timing'

Welcome to the board!!

From what I understand the best deals come during the boat shows. They are generally in the late winter early spring. if you are looking for a deal you might find left over stock from this model year during the fall. If you want the 07 models then boat show is the place.
    The reason for this is that during these shows Skiers Choice will offer the best pricing with the most options included. It affects price but, more likely the appeal of these bargains is more about value add. They throw in the bimini, 3 yr warranty, ...Stuff that doesnt cost them much but sweetens the deal for the buyer.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jay
    2005 Moomba Outback

Typically the price increases are announced with the introduction of the new model year. So there shouldn't be a price change between now and the boat show.

If you are not going to use your new boat until next May, I would wait for the boat show. You will get over $3,000 in free options, and not have to worry, and pay, for storage, insurance, winterization, interest, and payments. Over the 6 months I don't use my boat, I still have to pay almost $3,000 in payments, storage, and insurance.

I have a question about the 3 yr extended warranty, offered with the boat show promo, that I got last year. Does that add 3 years to the factory warranty? I don't think it does, but a friend of mine, that just bought a jet ski, got a free extended warranty like this, and I was looking at his paper work, and it said that it added 3 years to the 1 year factory warranty. 4 years total. I never got any paperwork on my extended warranty, it just got me wondering. I'm sure that it does not, not man would that be nice.

Not additive. Just gives you a total bow to stern 3 years.

-J

If I buy a boat at the boat show in Feb in Detroit can I order the colour I want and have it built in time to actually get it for May or early June? This is VERY important to me - or else I would go and buy something used or a demo. I obviously want a 2007 but want specific colors. Thanks.
    2007 Mobius LSV - Tandem Axle, Kenwood Deck, JL Audio Marine M6600 AMP and JL Speakers, JL 10" Sub, LED Lighting, Gravity III, So fricken clear and loud that my kids think I'm cool.

This seems to depend on the dealer.

The boat show incentives are actually for purchased boats, not ordered boats. Some dealers will order you a boat before the show prices kick in, and guess at what the incentives will be (they do not know till just before we do), and try to get it delivered during the boat show incentives period (usually Dec-Feb). They are taking a risk, and buying a boat ahead of time and selling it based on your request, but it is not the same a normal order. For this reason, many dealers will not do this. It is probably just the edge of what is allowed by SC as well. Rememebr, the factory is giving dealers some $ back on boats they have sitting around in the winter to get them ordered and keep them going, but the dealers also pay part of this incentive as well.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Folks here don't get the memo joke (get it "don't get the memo" - heheheh)

and you are splicing ordered v. purchased/ I'm pretty sure if you say I'll take that one in blue - you get the boat show incentives.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Boat show incentives apply to all new boats on lot and ordered. This includes new models of past year boats (a leftover 2006).

The best time to order depends on when you want your boat. If you want your boat between now and March, I would order asap. If you wait until boat show, you might get lucky and have your boat in March or April but more than likely you will be stuck with whatever you can get.

Default Re: Replying to Topic 'Purchase timing'

[quote="Jon"]Boat show incentives apply to all new boats on lot and ordered. This includes new models of past year boats (a leftover 2006).
    /quote]

What do you think the knockoff price of an 06' loaded XLV that was a Demo with 30 hrs with boat show incentives? 10k off without haggling, but should it be more like 12-14k (this includes guesstimate of boatshow incentives)?