Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    A two page thread on how to tow a tube! Who knew it was that hard???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not that hard.... DON'T.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    The new boats don't have the transom option anymore. Stuck with the pylon, but that's where I have always pulled tubes from, on the random occasion that we do it.
    You don't have a direct drive like the OP. his conundrum was towing from tower, stern or the CENTER pylon. Towing from the rear pylon of a v-drive is a non-issue as it doesn't slice off the heads of rear passengers like happens on the center pylon of a direct drive.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrueKaotik View Post
    When you got some people towing from the tower where it should never be towed from, it's well needed I guess....
    I guess if a 150 lb of kids at 12-14 mph staying in the wake is too hard on the tower and should never done , then at 6'1 240 I probably better not wakeboard off it either, I guess I could stay in the wake and not load the line
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    I guess if a 150 lb of kids at 12-14 mph staying in the wake is too hard on the tower and should never done , then at 6'1 240 I probably better not wakeboard off it either, I guess I could stay in the wake and not load the line
    I think what most people are doing with tubes is more than that; anyway, the real risk is when the tube gets caught under a wave and acts like a huge brake. Enormous stress--even more than a big dude cutting on a ski or board.

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    I think what most people are doing with tubes is more than that; anyway, the real risk is when the tube gets caught under a wave and acts like a huge brake. Enormous stress--even more than a big dude cutting on a ski or board.
    Definitely can't argue that , like earlier post said serious tubing definitely not from tower , years before being around a boat with a tower we used the tie down points on the transom , two ropes going to this bullet looking thing that tubes hooked to , but dang that was more than 20 years ago
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

to page 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Y'all care to come out and tell all the people on our lake this about tubing from the tower? Or just let them keep doing it in hopes their boat goes out of service? It also seems a lot of those boats are MC or Bu...lol
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

^^^^^^ All of this^^^^^
    Maybe we can get the Feds to ban tubes.....
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

I have no issues pulling tubes. A lot of people come out to our boat for one weekend and they may not come back for quite a while. A lot of people aren't going to learn in the hour or less they will actually get behind the boat. What is the point of forcing them to attempt to learn to board or surf for a few minutes. We encourage everyone to learn and that used to be the only option. We gave up on that because not everyone wants to, may not be able to and they just sit on the boat. Everyone on the tube can have a blast and has a smile on their face the whole time whether just cruising or giving a hell ride. We are about having fun for all. That being said we pull the tube about 4 times per season so it's not that bad.
    The problem is you have to have a dedicated tube session because I am not fitting the tube on the boat to board and I am not deflating it.
    It sucks down some fuel doing it too!
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I tube from the tower in most cases. I use the rear hook if I have adults with the request for the max ride. Judgement call. I found if you tube the kids they won't want to do anything else and it bores the driver so I would tube them to the beach and board sports after that. The kids would earn a tube ride back if they attempted to do some type of boarding during the day. It seemed to work and they wouldn't bother me on the beach with tube rides.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD