Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've indoctrinated my wife and son that the best tube is the one that you leave at home. Boardsports and skiing only for us.

As others have said, not from the tower. think about how you'll have the rope get slack and the huge jerk you feel when the tube is dragging in the water and the slack's taken up. No thanks.

I see that you have a direct drive. obviously the pylon is the strongest tow point. But hardly convenient for anyone sitting in the back seat. Maybe that's your excuse? that since you can't have people sitting in the back seat there's just not enough room to have people out and tow a tube.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I popped a tube one time six or more feet into the air perfectly ejecting everyone only to have it submarine itself into another wave practically stopping my boat upon landing. Hardest force I've ever felt on my boat and glad it wasn't from my tower.
    A wise man once told me the quicker you get the riders to tap out the quicker you can put it away. *cough *cough Berg..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by beat taco; 08-11-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    -Jake

I tow the little kids on the three person tube from the tower, but they are 6 and under usually only 2 on at a time, and don't get crazy with them, I like the rope high so I stays out of the wake when just putting around with them, but when the teenagers get on and the serious tubing starts ,then its down to the pylon, I love pulling tubers , just something about making them catch air makes me smile, and the little kids love cruising around it, if they are smiling , im smiling. driving in a strait line all day surfing gets pretty old and boring , nice to change it up a bit , and nothing better than making teenagers buckle and cry uncle.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I've indoctrinated my wife and son that the best tube is the one that you leave at home. Boardsports and skiing only for us.

As others have said, not from the tower. think about how you'll have the rope get slack and the huge jerk you feel when the tube is dragging in the water and the slack's taken up. No thanks.

I see that you have a direct drive. obviously the pylon is the strongest tow point. But hardly convenient for anyone sitting in the back seat. Maybe that's your excuse? that since you can't have people sitting in the back seat there's just not enough room to have people out and tow a tube.
    If I have to tow a tube on my DD, I do it from the tow hook on the transom right above the swim platform. This seems like a strong point. Any thoughts?
    2007 Outback DD

Tow hook from transom I believe is the best place to tow a tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    Tow hook from transom I believe is the best place to tow a tube

The new boats don't have the transom option anymore. Stuck with the pylon, but that's where I have always pulled tubes from, on the random occasion that we do it.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    The new boats don't have the transom option anymore. Stuck with the pylon, but that's where I have always pulled tubes from, on the random occasion that we do it.
    The grab handle should have a hook?

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    The grab handle should have a hook?

Negative.

17 mojo

'08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

A two page thread on how to tow a tube! Who knew it was that hard???

2017 Supra SA

When you got some people towing from the tower where it should never be towed from, it's well needed I guess....
    2018 Supra SL550
    2017 Supra SE450