Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Nautique sales results will never even know Moomba has this boat out. People are not spending $150k because they are chasing a better wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree totally. Many of the people dropping $150k into a wakeboard boat, don't need a boat that big to hold the large amounts of ballast they can carry, but rather to accommodate their overly inflated egos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    I also think that with that much freeboard, why have the rear lockers full of bags? Isn't that the point of making the boats look like tug boats?
    subfloor ballast cost money. keep adding things like that and before you know it, you have a 100k moomba(although I have heard the mojo pro can sticker up to 91k which I will never get from a moomba- that's competing against a whole new class of manufacturers).
    not having seen one in person yet, the basic concept and size of this boat looks to be a good move for moomba even if it isn't the length others were looking for but with the basic hull done, it seems that they could add a few feet and end up with a 24.5ft boat pretty easy if market demands it. just not sure that the 24ft+ market is one worth going after.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

When SC mentioned the maximum stock ballast that they can put into the boat they know owners will add a bunch more. I'm sure SC tested the Max with add on ballast to see what it is capable of doing and any issues that may arise from excessive loading. Equal displacement and equal rear hull shape will produce an equal wake. Anything above the waterline is bling. The only thing remaining is the wake diversion method and that is technology development that separates the companies.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    They had close to 5000 pounds in the Max if I am not mistaken... I get it, the G is the jam, but a boat that's less than half the price of a G that throws a monster wake and surf wave can't be all bad.
    what motor and prop combo did they use to get this amount of weight on plane? this is the setup that I want to run in a max!!!!! I'm in the process of getting my boat on the market so I can have a max in the garage

I watch the inboard numbers clime every year on my little pond. They get bigger too. After 12 years with the same boat, buy one you can trailer if you trailer, and store inside but otherwise yeah big. People and stuff. I am usually out with a Supra. Two boats are way better than one really big one if you can swing it with drivers, dock and storage. With this one, I'd be scared to forget to empty a sack someplace.
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

what motor and prop combo did they use to get this amount of weight on plane? this is the setup that I want to run in a max!!!!! I'm in the process of getting my boat on the market so I can have a max in the garage
    I would be interested in this also... I was told the one that was in UT had stock ballast with people and wouldn't plain out?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    I would be interested in this also... I was told the one that was in UT had stock ballast with people and wouldn't plain out?
    People still use stock ballast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    People still use stock ballast?
    This is the best part of new boats and stock ballast. I've always used stock ballast for wake and never had a problem with any of my tricks being landed. I actually think people loading their boats aren't doing any good and losing the true form and line tension for proper wakeboarding. Just recently I had the Helix out with stock and was blow away with the tricks being landed by some friends. Now surfing I can see the need for additional weight but we also have surfed stock and didn't have a problem.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)