Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what audio components exactly come in the mojo

I've got a 2018 mojo on the way and would like to know what audio components come in the boat. I did the bow speakers, sub and amp I also got the additional amp and wires for the tower with plans to add some rev 10's. For some reason moomba is very vague about details with the boats components. Being a bit of a nut with my audio I'd like to know a littler more. Amp size and model speaker brand and model and the same with the sub? Also I would like to hear your guys thoughts on the perfect setup being my first boat and a was also going back and fourth on adding an additional sub some where in the rear not sure if theres room for it so I was going to wait until i got the boat to make that decision. any feedback will be appreciated.

I would venture to say it will be all Kicker brand, unless you went to the upgraded package, then I believe it is all Polk. The head unit should be Fusion. Whatever amps you get, chances are the one for the tower will be under powered to run Rev10s, so your best bet would be to pick up a Syn4 or SD2. The sub will most likely be a free air, so no much in the way of deep base if that is what you are going after. If you just ordered the boat, you may be able to change it to delete the sub and extra amp with the bow speakers and then order exactly what you want and install them yourself with your chosen brand of choice, can never go wrong with Wet Sounds....and congrats on your new boat!!! If you didn't upgrade the rear bags, that should be at the top of your list as well.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

If it's like 17 you will get the kicker KM46 6" speakers & a KM10. For some reason SC thinks that sub is a Free Air Sub which IT'S NOT! There has been some confusion on which amp you get but I'm going to venture and say the KXM 800.5.

I have all Kicker in my boat with 4 KM10s & it pounds! I would delete there stereo though and do it from a reputable dealer near you.

Now let's see some build pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

If you decide to go with what you have ordered, at the least you need to put sub in a box. Without a box, it's useless!

2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

My 2017 came with the kxm800.5 for the inboats including bow and sub. For the rev10's on the tower it came with the syn dx4.

MOJO pro has a wetsounds option.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Moomba will be Kicker KXMA800.5 running the KM604 6.5" speakers and the KM10. Tower is SYNDX4 running Rev10's.
    Like stated above the MOJO PRO deletes the Kickers and is all wetsounds.

To me the perfect set up may be different than yours but you will prolly want to get rid of the 800.5, woofer and in-boats and upgrade to higher power amp and speakers, plus a 12" woofer minimum to go well with the Rev10's
    2018 Supra SL550
    2017 Supra SE450

Quote Originally Posted by hawgtitan View Post
    If you decide to go with what you have ordered, at the least you need to put sub in a box. Without a box, it's useless!

This is 110% true! You absolutely need a proper enclosure, be it sealed or ported, for the factory sub. The Kicker KM10 is not a true free air sub and having it mounted to the helm panel with no backing sounds terrible. I put mine in a slot-port box and it sounds great.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    This is 110% true! You absolutely need a proper enclosure, be it sealed or ported, for the factory sub. The Kicker KM10 is not a true free air sub and having it mounted to the helm panel with no backing sounds terrible. I put mine in a slot-port box and it sounds great.
    Even beyond the woofer, most of these boat can not even effectively support an IB alignment because the panel under the helm is not a continuous wall. Its a false wall that open at the top. Running a true IB like the JL 10IB or Wet Sounds 10FA would not make much difference. Rear output still bleeds over the top of the wall and mixed with the front output.

Although the KM10 is most ideal in a small sealed or ported, it actually does pretty decent in a true IB alignment where the wall is stiff and there is 100% front/rear isolation.

The biggest issue with most OEM systems, is the OEM. Another example is the use of the JL 10IB in a small sealed enclosure in the supra boats. Only thing I can think of is SC wanted the blue LED, which is not available on the 10IB.
    Last edited by MLA; 08-08-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be ripping everything thing out starting with the sub then moving onto the coaxials not that I have a problem with kicker I just know there's much better. If Polk are stock I might keep them if not, I'll be sticking with wet sounds mainly for the look and they also seem like really good speakers. My next question is what subs does everyone recommend I'm considering a w7 10 in a sealed enclosure also I think another in a different location would be best one under the helm and one in the rear somewhere . Is this possible?