Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Keep it coming, Matt! Great info.

Maybe this had happened to other people , but today while using auto wake , had everything set for port surfing got going auto wake achieved, then the wake started to look like crap , my wife was driving, we stop and look at the screen , and the suffer dude was still pointed for port surf , starboard plate was down , but the auto wake settings changed to starboard surf settings while driving and it had dumped 65% of the port ballast, had to flip the auto flow switch to middle and start over , I have noticed alot but I can catch it when I drive , some major software issues going on
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    Maybe this had happened to other people , but today while using auto wake , had everything set for port surfing got going auto wake achieved, then the wake started to look like crap , my wife was driving, we stop and look at the screen , and the suffer dude was still pointed for port surf , starboard plate was down , but the auto wake settings changed to starboard surf settings while driving and it had dumped 65% of the port ballast, had to flip the auto flow switch to middle and start over , I have noticed alot but I can catch it when I drive , some major software issues going on
    Similar thing has happened on my 17 Mojo. I was surfing port side, wife was driving. On autowake, boat was dumping port locker and listing to starboard.

Has happened a few times. Very frustrating.

Don't like the idea of driving 4 hours round-trip to see if dealer can replicate it. Which of course they won't.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Common factor is the wife....jus' sayin' 🤷🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Common factor is the wife....jus' sayin' 🤷🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I went down that road. After I got out of the doghouse, I became confident it was software issue.

It happened today when I was driving.

Seems like it is trying to achieve opposite side pitch and roll settings.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I would have gone down that road too, but auto flow switch was still in same place, starboard plate was in the same position , and screen indicated surf port , but the auto wake settings changed to the starboard settings , the other times when it happens it is when I turn the boat off to change riders , turn boat off , key back to on to get everything booted up , but when the key is turned back on , the port plate goes down , but the switch is still in surf port , flip the switch to middle and back all is normal , it does this 1 out of 5 times , having it change the actual auto wake settings while driving , I don't think my wife could navigate through the menu and do that while driving , and again flip switch to middle and back to surf port ,all is good , other than the time it took to get the ballast refilled.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Steve and Kenn, I am going to send this feedback to our vendor. Honestly, I have never seen this, but as you eluded to, software glitches can happen. The hardest software glitches to fix are when they happen randomly and are not reproducible. I will also try doing some testing and see if I can duplicate. Typically when we test systems such as this, we do more cycle testing to see what happens when you switch from surf left, to surf right, to off, etc. It sounds like your issue is happening more from long term use in the same day with multiple key cycles?? Is that accurate? Or is there anything else that maybe you are doing that might help me trying to trouble shoot?? My typical personal family use is quite different. I surf port side, but also surf some stbd side. I like mixing it up quite a bit so I don't typically surf the same side for very long. My oldest surfs port and my wife surfs starboard. In addition, we have an almost 3 year old and between sets we do a lot of swimming. I typically turn the system off between sets so that I don't accidentally the leave the system on when I put it on the trailer because sometimes the swim sessions turn into long affairs that end up with going home. My oldest is also 10 and that means we rarely ever go to the lake without a friend. Most times that friend doesn't know how to surf or wakeboard so we pull them on the wake sled or kneeboard. And occasionally my wife likes to ski. What I am saying is we typically use the boat for all disciplines and very randomly throughout the day. So, maybe how I use the boat is a lot different than how you guys are using the boat and maybe that is why I haven't seen this "glitch" you are talking about. If you have any more details that might help us duplicate it let me know. If you want you can also email me at [email protected] if you don't want to write a novel on here about it. Thanks for the feedback and hopefully if there is a glitch we can find it and fix it. And I also assume you are running 2017 software? Maybe if it was a glitch then it got corrected already? If not, then we do need to correct it so thanks for your help.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

We all surf port in my family and crew, after going to bigger bags we have to list slightly to keep the surf tabs 65 and under for the port side so no more transfer while surfing for now , yes running a 2017 , the glitches that happen the most are when after surfing port for awhile, turn the boat off to swap riders , after turning the boat off, I turn the key back to the on position after a minute or less to let the system boot up while rider's are changing, before powering off, everything is left in surf port side, when powering back on the starboard plate comes up and the port plate will go down, but the surfer dude is still showing surf port and auto flow is in surf port, no huge issue as I see it happening and flip the auto flow to middle and back and problem solved for now, that issue happens about 1 out of 5 times same. The most frustrating one is when using auto wake , I got everything set for my daughter to surf, ran the boat till auto wake was achieved, turned it off , got her in water and ready , started surfing , no issues, did 10 minute run she drops the rope and goes for a minute without it , and falls out of wake , her own mistake,we circle around throw the rope and go again , never shutting boat off or changing anything, after going for 5. Minutes or so I'm noticing the wave changing for the worse , we stop and looking at the screen the set point in auto wake changed to the starboard settings, auto flow was still in surf port , just set points changed , so it dropped port bag to 50,% and filled starboard to 100% while starboard plate is still deployed. I definitely get glitches in software , see it all the time in New vehicles. Hope there is enough to go of for some think tank action. Keep up the good work , any manufacturer will have some sort issue with something, it's how they address it is key . Thanks for your involvement Matt, speaks wonders about SC.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    We all surf port in my family and crew, after going to bigger bags we have to list slightly to keep the surf tabs 65 and under for the port side so no more transfer while surfing for now , yes running a 2017 , the glitches that happen the most are when after surfing port for awhile, turn the boat off to swap riders , after turning the boat off, I turn the key back to the on position after a minute or less to let the system boot up while rider's are changing, before powering off, everything is left in surf port side, when powering back on the starboard plate comes up and the port plate will go down, but the surfer dude is still showing surf port and auto flow is in surf port, no huge issue as I see it happening and flip the auto flow to middle and back and problem solved for now, that issue happens about 1 out of 5 times same. The most frustrating one is when using auto wake , I got everything set for my daughter to surf, ran the boat till auto wake was achieved, turned it off , got her in water and ready , started surfing , no issues, did 10 minute run she drops the rope and goes for a minute without it , and falls out of wake , her own mistake,we circle around throw the rope and go again , never shutting boat off or changing anything, after going for 5. Minutes or so I'm noticing the wave changing for the worse , we stop and looking at the screen the set point in auto wake changed to the starboard settings, auto flow was still in surf port , just set points changed , so it dropped port bag to 50,% and filled starboard to 100% while starboard plate is still deployed. I definitely get glitches in software , see it all the time in New vehicles. Hope there is enough to go of for some think tank action. Keep up the good work , any manufacturer will have some sort issue with something, it's how they address it is key . Thanks for your involvement Matt, speaks wonders about SC.
    Perfect! That type of detail helps a lot and I will try that exact setup and see what I can find. I am sorry you had that issue and glitch, but maybe with your help we can figure out what is going on and get an improved version. Like I said, the 2018 software actually works in 2017 and adds some additional logic like predictive state that honestly I think you will love! It also removes ballast minimums and the logic that auto fills one side before doing anything else. It might be possible that when we changed to the predictive logic it fixed a glitch we didn't know existed. But it might still be there and we didn't even know. As an fyi, there is also a soft and hard bootup based on time that key is off. It might be that we need to test more what happens if you leave the systems on during these and that might be the cause of the glitch. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for the help and patience on the matter.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Perfect! That type of detail helps a lot and I will try that exact setup and see what I can find. I am sorry you had that issue and glitch, but maybe with your help we can figure out what is going on and get an improved version. Like I said, the 2018 software actually works in 2017 and adds some additional logic like predictive state that honestly I think you will love! It also removes ballast minimums and the logic that auto fills one side before doing anything else. It might be possible that when we changed to the predictive logic it fixed a glitch we didn't know existed. But it might still be there and we didn't even know. As an fyi, there is also a soft and hard bootup based on time that key is off. It might be that we need to test more what happens if you leave the systems on during these and that might be the cause of the glitch. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for the help and patience on the matter.
    You bet , the good news is that they are minor glitches imop and never have caused us to come off the water early which is awesome, I will try to get a video if I remember
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds