Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Thank you Goose...now lets here about that new Moomba model and the details on the redesigned SA
    Patience young grasshopper. It will all be coming out soon....
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Patience young grasshopper. It will all be coming out soon....

It would be awesome if the new(and old) firmwares were made available on the website, FTP or google drive and email notifications of updates.

And a feature request and track option, aka github or something..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

It appears while I was writing the long post above, they already had this link done....hahaha

So, without further ado, this should be a link to all the tips in one spot.....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15Y...Rij2qDsWrAYBr9
    I shared this with my local Moomba dealer and he was psyched and plans to share with all his folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Greg
    2018 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    It would be awesome if the new(and old) firmwares were made available on the website, FTP or google drive and email notifications of updates.

And a feature request and track option, aka github or something..
    This is a good idea and something we have been discussing internally. The problem is with software things can get tricky and if we make this too easy to get, it could cause problems. The truth is some of our new hardware is similar to old hardware. And on some of those, the software from one model year CAN be installed on a different model year BUT then it might not work properly. And then some software/hardware combinations are not backwards capable. Which means if someone were to put the wrong software on the wrong hardware, then they might not be able to go back to the correct software. I know that sounds crazy, but we have had that happen and that typically requires a screen change. Do you see how that gets expensive quick?? And then there is always the fear of getting your software in the wrong hands. Obviously some of our IP is in the form of software, so letting the competitors have easy access to that is not a great idea. I would love to make everything transparent. I am the type of guy that likes access to what I want and need, but sometimes that isn't the best plan. Again, I typically don't like this idea, but sometimes making things just a little work, keeps the honest people honest and the dishonest people at bay. I know you could say that honest people are always honest, but dishonest people always figure out the loop holes but those are some of the reasons why it isn't as easy to get today. Maybe someday soon, that will all be easier....
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

This is a good idea and something we have been discussing internally. The problem is with software things can get tricky and if we make this too easy to get, it could cause problems. The truth is some of our new hardware is similar to old hardware. And on some of those, the software from one model year CAN be installed on a different model year BUT then it might not work properly. And then some software/hardware combinations are not backwards capable. Which means if someone were to put the wrong software on the wrong hardware, then they might not be able to go back to the correct software. I know that sounds crazy, but we have had that happen and that typically requires a screen change. Do you see how that gets expensive quick?? And then there is always the fear of getting your software in the wrong hands. Obviously some of our IP is in the form of software, so letting the competitors have easy access to that is not a great idea. I would love to make everything transparent. I am the type of guy that likes access to what I want and need, but sometimes that isn't the best plan. Again, I typically don't like this idea, but sometimes making things just a little work, keeps the honest people honest and the dishonest people at bay. I know you could say that honest people are always honest, but dishonest people always figure out the loop holes but those are some of the reasons why it isn't as easy to get today. Maybe someday soon, that will all be easier....
    I've been working in software for many years, all 110% true and would happen.

If the boat could connect to the internet and centralized databases like an iPhone or PC operating system, there could be a verification level to know who you are, what you have, and what you are running, but that is also more overhead and things to maintain for SC.

Technology changes fast, I never doubt it could happen.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I've been working in software for many years, all 110% true and would happen.

If the boat could connect to the internet and centralized databases like an iPhone or PC operating system, there could be a verification level to know who you are, what you have, and what you are running, but that is also more overhead and things to maintain for SC.

Technology changes fast, I never doubt it could happen.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Ugh..Man..DRM...Useless..lol.

I don't think there's anything revolutionary here, just that it was patent able.

I'd reason there's some prior art, but I'm not a lawyer..

Thumbs up Thanks for the Info

Goose, and all others that have helped me try to understand Autowake. Thank you. I purchased a 2018 Mondo with standard ballasts and really did not understand Autowake at all even after searching the net, not finding too much. Then ran across this thread and learned a crap load of info. Little disappointing, like a few others have said, that you have to get this info for this awesome thread, but at least I got the info. Have only tried to surf a handful of times without great success. No that I have armed with all his great info I am super pumped to go to the lake this weekend and start dialing in the wave. There is no replacement for displacement. Embedded into my brain now. Great job lads.
    Last edited by Maab Rules; 08-01-2019 at 10:33 PM.
    2018 Mondo

Hey Goose
    I have automaker pretty dialled for surfing and it works well for wake boarding to, but my main concern is when I switch from my wakeboard profile to my wifes wakeboard profile. I like it the wake steeper and she prefers it more mellow. So why does it just fill the nose more instead of emptying the rear tanks? I go and instead of emptying ballast, it adds ballast.
    Her amplitude is set at 35 7.5 pitch and 0 roll wake plate 46, and mine is at 65 amplitude 7.5 pitch and wake plate at 15.

thanks
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Hey guys, here's the video I made that shows you how to use Autowake and change setting etc:
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Hey guys, here's the video I made that shows you how to use Autowake and change setting etc:

Great minds think alike, I put together a power point video but was slacking on posting it..

Moomba AutoWake - How to get the best Wave 2019 - PowerPoint Presentation

Moomba AutoWake - How to get the best Wave 2019 - YouTube