And KnoxMojo.....we will definitely leave that as a maybe someday... hehehe
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    And KnoxMojo.....we will definitely leave that as a maybe someday... hehehe
    Sounds like a plan.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    I have said before, the future has a lot of technology in it and I have a feeling you will see a lot of that first on the skiers choice products...
    Stoked for the Skiers Choice brand and family.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Hello,

We still have snow on the ground up here but I got excited about the new flow sensors for my 2018 Max so I popped into the dealer yesterday to enquire about upgrading. They said that they are working with SC to figure out what will be required but warned me that the upgrade will be expensive for the 2018 Max due to them having to "split the hull" in order to get the necessary access to install the components. That much work would make the upgrade not work doing. Has anybody else been told that's it's more complicated that installing the sensors and upgrading the software?

Thanks

John
    2018 Moomba Max
    Calgary, Alberta
    2018 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hello,

We still have snow on the ground up here but I got excited about the new flow sensors for my 2018 Max so I popped into the dealer yesterday to enquire about upgrading. They said that they are working with SC to figure out what will be required but warned me that the upgrade will be expensive for the 2018 Max due to them having to "split the hull" in order to get the necessary access to install the components. That much work would make the upgrade not work doing. Has anybody else been told that's it's more complicated that installing the sensors and upgrading the software?

Thanks

John
    2018 Moomba Max
    Calgary, Alberta
    Sounds like the dealer is giving you the we don't want to do it line. Find it very hard to believe to replace a sensor on the newer model you'd have to split the hull.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Goose, just wanted to thank you for all the info you've provided here. I bought my Max last summer and ran manually for the balance of the year. I stumbled across this thread about a week ago and have since been through every post and been able to pull out my boat for a couple hours tinkering with AutoWake on the water. While I can't tell you how the wave performs, I can tell you I'm AMAZED at the technology. The shape of the wave was awesome. The icing on the cake is that SC is putting this tech into a sub-$80k boat. I can't wait for some time behind the boat this spring, especially after putting more weight on top of stock! Thank you.

I have read the entire thread, and it has been extremely helpful. My only wish is that Skiers Choice had a catalog of videos showing us all how to operate in Autowake.

I have a 2018 Craz and upgrade 1500 pound bags on each side in the back. My first day in the water was today so I was going to get everything set so I can learn Autowake. This is my first boat and really don’t have any experience creating waves. I calibrated the inclinometer and the bags. I only had one other passenger sitting on the port side.

I finally achieved the correct pitch and roll but the wave was terrible. It had a lot of wash and never got clean. I finally adjusted the wake plate on the starboard side to 55 and played with it up to 75. The wave finally got clean.

Does anyone know why the wake plate didn’t adjust to get the wave cleaner?

I ended up surfing but never could get enough push. I am assuming I had enough displacement with the upgraded bags. To be honest I was a bit bummed. But definitely could have been complet error on my unskilled part!

I also have questions about getting Autowake turned on and going so it will fill the bags automatically. I thought I turned it on but the bags would never fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtown View Post
    I have read the entire thread, and it has been extremely helpful. My only wish is that Skiers Choice had a catalog of videos showing us all how to operate in Autowake.

I have a 2018 Craz and upgrade 1500 pound bags on each side in the back. My first day in the water was today so I was going to get everything set so I can learn Autowake. This is my first boat and really don’t have any experience creating waves. I calibrated the inclinometer and the bags. I only had one other passenger sitting on the port side.

I finally achieved the correct pitch and roll but the wave was terrible. It had a lot of wash and never got clean. I finally adjusted the wake plate on the starboard side to 55 and played with it up to 75. The wave finally got clean.

Does anyone know why the wake plate didn’t adjust to get the wave cleaner?

I ended up surfing but never could get enough push. I am assuming I had enough displacement with the upgraded bags. To be honest I was a bit bummed. But definitely could have been complet error on my unskilled part!

I also have questions about getting Autowake turned on and going so it will fill the bags automatically. I thought I turned it on but the bags would never fill.
    Hopefully I can answer a few of your questions. I was a total newbie last year so I feel your pain. It's a great system, but it's not an "easy button" for surfing. The surf plates deploy to your default settings set in the autowake system. If you found a certain percentage of deployment more to your liking you can go into the defaults and change it so it always deploys to the same percentage. In order for autowake to fill and drain the bags you still have to throw all the ballast switches to the fill position (at least I think this is the case) I haven't been on the boat for a few months. As far as push goes when it's just me surfing and my wife driving I have learned that I have to run slower 10.5ish also a lot of times i will run in manual mode with all ballast full to 100% and a 400lb floor bag on surf side and another 400lb bag in front walkway. Had a supra/moomba rep suggest start in manual mode, play with your plates and ballast to get the wave like you want it. Then switch to autowake mode. Record pitch and roll settings then go in and set those to your default. Hope this helps. Keep playing with it your will like it once you get the hang of the system. Side note I run the stock 3k ballast and lacked push with just driver on the boat. Added 800lbs of floor sacs and woke it up a lot.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So I’m not sure what year your boat is and what version of autowake you have because it will make a difference. I have a 2017 Mojo with the upgraded software that has the amplitude setting. On mine I can turn on autowake and set the amplitude for a certain %. Since I don’t have the draft sensor it defaults to measuring amplitude off of rear bag percentage. So for example if I am surfing and I turn on auto wake, select my surf side (goofy or starboard for me) then set the amplitude for 100% it will fill start filling the rear bags on its own to 100%. It will then fill the center tank/now bag just enough to achieve the desired pitch. The main issue with this you cannot always achieve 100% amplitude unless you have people you can move around or lead weight you can move because to achieve the roll it has to be heavier on your surf side. My autowake will tell me if it cannot meet my requested amplitude and to move weight to the side that needs it. I have 200 lbs of lead for this and o also ask passengers to move. I try to run close to 11 mph but if the crew is small sometimes I have to back it down to 10.7 or 10.5. Autoflow plate is set to 65 and center wake plate is all the way up at 0. I’ve found that if you deploy the center wake plate any it forces the bow down and causes the boat to dump water from the center tank/bow sack to achieve the pitch setting decreasing your overall displacement. I use the factory pitch and roll numbers as well.

What I prefer doing however if leaving autowake off and manually filling everything to 100% before turning it on. When everything is full and I’m about to hope in i turn on autowake and let it achieve statically while
    I’m getting in the water.

I run the stock 900 lbs max surf rear bags, 400 bag under the cabin seats on each side, the stock hard tank and the bow sack, and 200 lbs of lead for 4,000 lbs total give or take.
    Here are a couple shots of my wave with this set up and 4 people in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I have a question about the AW system and the stock settings as it pertains to having additional ballast on your boat. I read through the entire post and I could have missed it but I wasn't able to find an answer.
    I'm trying to figure out if the port settings on a Helix for pitch and roll (9, -3) are just based on a stock Helix with the standard 2100 pounds or if when you add additional ballast/lead bags the numbers should change? I've upgraded my rear bags, have additional bags I can fill manually, and have 1000# of lead bags. I have the potential to have close to 5000# total if everything is filled including crew on the boat. So, when I use AW should I still be trying to set the weight up to achieve the 9, -3 set points or something else?
    Along the same lines, is less pitch than 9 and more roll than -3 (port side wave) a good thing while running the additional weight over stock? I, like everyone else, just want to maximize the wave potential so I want to understand the AW set points and how they relate when you've increased your overall displacement. A few days ago I was running close to 5000# total weight and my pitch was 7.5 and my roll was close 6.5-7. The wave was ok so I don't know if I should still be trying to get back to 9,-3 or some other set of variables to get the best possible wave. I feel like with the upgraded amount of displacement I should be getting a great wave. I just don't know what numbers I should be looking to achieve.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags