Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Well....

The reason you don't currently have ballast levels on the screen is because of screen size and being able to display everything. When we first launched AutoWake, we thought it was most important to display pitch and roll and NOT have the user focus as much on ballast levels. You have to keep in mind that using AutoWake is a COMPLETE departure from what the industry has been doing for a long time and what all the other competitors are still doing. We were afraid if we mixed in rider profiles and ballast % levels on the screen at the same time then people would NOT understand what AutoWake is trying to accomplish. What we have learned is people STILL don't understand AutoWake and that is why I am trying to post so much on here to clear the confusion.

As everyone starts to better understand AutoWake, then I would imagine you will see versions of software that display AutoWake AND ballast levels. Supra still shows ballast levels because we have the room and I agree it is nice being able to see both ONCE you learn how seeing one can help with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Agreed. I think this should be in a new software patch. Why hide the ballast levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Well....

The reason you don't currently have ballast levels on the screen is because of screen size and being able to display everything. When we first launched AutoWake, we thought it was most important to display pitch and roll and NOT have the user focus as much on ballast levels. You have to keep in mind that using AutoWake is a COMPLETE departure from what the industry has been doing for a long time and what all the other competitors are still doing. We were afraid if we mixed in rider profiles and ballast % levels on the screen at the same time then people would NOT understand what AutoWake is trying to accomplish. What we have learned is people STILL don't understand AutoWake and that is why I am trying to post so much on here to clear the confusion.

As everyone starts to better understand AutoWake, then I would imagine you will see versions of software that display AutoWake AND ballast levels. Supra still shows ballast levels because we have the room and I agree it is nice being able to see both ONCE you learn how seeing one can help with the other.
    Matt
    Thank you for the details in this thread. I’m a recent first time Moomba buyer, and we are loving our Craz. In fact, we are logging many more hours on it because it is so much fun. Please take the following as constructive feedback.

Before I bought my boat, I came to this thread to get a better understanding of the technology. It is quite frankly a differentiation for you guys, and a pretty slick one at that. Autowake was definitely a factor when we bought the bought.

That said, you should know that it felt “odd” to me, as a buyer, that I had to come read through hundreds of posts to better perspective of the technology before I bought the boat. I find it even more odd that I have to still do that after spending ~$80K. While that may be chump change to some, it’s a bloody expensive boat and one of the best features has quite frankly terrible documentation (I.e. a massive forum thread where I would bet a very small percentage of owners have actually read through it all).

I, as I’m sure many others, appreciate your willingness to interact with the community, but don’t you think you would solve a lot of the issues of people not understanding your tech if you provided proper/detailed but concise details or documentation through a manual, a PDF (by year or software version), or better yet, a wiki for ecosystem collaboration?

To not show ballast levels, which we all know is just timed based value but extremely useful values for an expensive wakeboarding/surfing boat until or “ONCE” we (the community) “learn” is counter intuitive and disappointing to say the least. It’s ridiculous that we have to dig through hundreds of thread posts to a) understand the tech or to b) see the quick workarounds such as to see ballast levels all while surfing. I understand the space argument considering the size of the screen, but if you actually wanted to provide it, 3 small values do not need fancy graphics or a ton of space.

If you want us (the community) to understand something as a prerequisite for something this basic, then please provide a proper means for us to collectively learn and understand. I don’t agree with your stance, but then again, I’m not in your shoes.

Lastly, don’t take this as negative feedback or as a complaint. It’s awesome that you are in the forums responding to questions, it’s an awesome community and you guys make a fantastic boat.

Regards
    Riaan

Quote Originally Posted by Bairum View Post
    Matt
    Thank you for the details in this thread. I’m a recent first time Moomba buyer, and we are loving our Craz. In fact, we are logging many more hours on it because it is so much fun. Please take the following as constructive feedback.

Before I bought my boat, I came to this thread to get a better understanding of the technology. It is quite frankly a differentiation for you guys, and a pretty slick one at that. Autowake was definitely a factor when we bought the bought.

That said, you should know that it felt “odd” to me, as a buyer, that I had to come read through hundreds of posts to better perspective of the technology before I bought the boat. I find it even more odd that I have to still do that after spending ~$80K. While that may be chump change to some, it’s a bloody expensive boat and one of the best features has quite frankly terrible documentation (I.e. a massive forum thread where I would bet a very small percentage of owners have actually read through it all).

I, as I’m sure many others, appreciate your willingness to interact with the community, but don’t you think you would solve a lot of the issues of people not understanding your tech if you provided proper/detailed but concise details or documentation through a manual, a PDF (by year or software version), or better yet, a wiki for ecosystem collaboration?

To not show ballast levels, which we all know is just timed based value but extremely useful values for an expensive wakeboarding/surfing boat until or “ONCE” we (the community) “learn” is counter intuitive and disappointing to say the least. It’s ridiculous that we have to dig through hundreds of thread posts to a) understand the tech or to b) see the quick workarounds such as to see ballast levels all while surfing. I understand the space argument considering the size of the screen, but if you actually wanted to provide it, 3 small values do not need fancy graphics or a ton of space.

If you want us (the community) to understand something as a prerequisite for something this basic, then please provide a proper means for us to collectively learn and understand. I don’t agree with your stance, but then again, I’m not in your shoes.

Lastly, don’t take this as negative feedback or as a complaint. It’s awesome that you are in the forums responding to questions, it’s an awesome community and you guys make a fantastic boat.

Regards
    Riaan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Bairum View Post
    Matt

Regards
    Riaan

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate all feedback whether good or bad. I completely agree we need to provide our customers with more info and thats the main reason i post on here so much. I think most know this but i work in product development not sales or marketing. I will relay that info and hopefully we can continue to provide better materials up front. As to product, we will continue to push that as well and i think you will see nice improvements on the 2019 product, AND we are continuing to try and make as many improvements retrofittable where we can.

Glad you are enjoying your boat. Hope you have a great summer with it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate all feedback whether good or bad. I completely agree we need to provide our customers with more info and thats the main reason i post on here so much. I think most know this but i work in product development not sales or marketing. I will relay that info and hopefully we can continue to provide better materials up front. As to product, we will continue to push that as well and i think you will see nice improvements on the 2019 product, AND we are continuing to try and make as many improvements retrofittable where we can.

Glad you are enjoying your boat. Hope you have a great summer with it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more, the whole screen setup design is confusing and combersum. There's a ton of wasted space, it annoying how small the most important numbers are, for me it's the depth, and wake plate numbers.

I havent actually used auto wake, I just set the wave manually, but each time I look at auto wake screen I'm like wtf?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I think you need to have some testers outside your group to get a better perspective. I always use the test, could my mom understand this?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I think you need to have some testers outside your group to get a better perspective. I always use the test, could my mom understand this?
    Correction, can my wife understand this?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Best weekend yet with the Mondo. Here’s the steps we used to let Autowake run the show but help it get the biggest wake.
    1. Fill all three stock ballast to 100%. I actually increased my timers to 6:30 on the rear and 10:30 on the front to make sure we had water spitting out the sides before the timers hit 100% and turned off.
    2. Set the switch to the side we were going to start on and told my six passengers to sit towards the back corner of the surf side.
    3. Turned on Autowake in static mode and checked pitch and roll. Moved people around to get to -2 roll and 0.5 pitch. This is autowake’s Static Autowake Achieved target for regular surfers. We moved around quickly before Autowake had a chance to drain any ballast.
    4. Throttle up but have 1 or 2 people ready to move. As soon as you hit speed and the Autowake countdown started move a few people to get to the magical 9 degrees of pitch and -3 roll (or within a half degree).
    5. Let Autowake do it’s job and enjoy the surf.
    6. Whenever the surfer fell we’d check tanks by flipping one ( or all three) to fill. We found that very little ballast had drained (less than 3 %) in most cases.
    We’d refill tanks after every fall and leave autowake off while returning to get the surfer as people were often up or moving around and we didn’t want Autowake trying to achieve static mode while we were bobbing in the waves.

Doing this we’re we’re able to get a great wake out of our little boat with just the stock 2300 lbs of ballast, no lead and about 1000lbs of people in the boat.

A few pointers. If I was filling the tanks and water started to overflow, we’d turn off the fill and set that timer to 100%. That way the boat knew it was full and also the drain timer would make sure it ran long enough to drain at the end of the day.

I also calibrated my roll first thing yesterday morning, first with a level in the boat and just me moving the seats around to get the boat level. Then testing at 18mph with zero ballast and watching for a perfectly symmetrical wake. My inclinometer was out 2 degrees.

Matt I can I check the pitch the same way, with a level on the floor of the boat? Obviously I can’t check pitch while running.

I had one other issue. I got a white screen in my navigation screen and then when I tried to go back to the home screen, my screen went dark. When I was back at the dock, I turned the boat off and on but still no screen. Only turning the battery master switch to off, then back on allowed my screen to reboot. It happened again later today and when trying every button I accidentally turned on my cruise and we slowed down to 11 mph. So the computer is still working, it’s just my screen going down.

Any ideas out there?

2018 Mondo, stock ballast 2300 lbs

just want to echo a previous posting. I have a brand new Moomba Craz 2017 and I was completely confused what autowake was and how to use and I googled Moomba autowake and found this--it's been great! It would be really helpful if I had known about this sooner I also have one question. Sometimes when we are surfing we are forced to turn by another boat in our path....the wave consistently falls apart and I essentially have to stop and restart to get a surfable wave. Is there anything I can do? Thanks!

Interesting that you say you have to stop completely.
    The wave will definitely change shape if you are making turns, and I have found that if you turn into the direction of the side the wave is on it will flatten out and conversely if you turn away from the wave, it will steepen. But as soon as you straighten out the wave will be as it was before you started turning. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do, to keep the wave perfectly the same, if you are making turns. This is because the tilt of the boat directly influences wave shape.
    On our lake, at one end we need to make a tight 180° turn (probably a 200’ diameter circle), and when we do, the rider has to come up close to the boat to stay in the truncated sweet spot, until we complete the turn and straighten out again.

2017 Moomba Craz