Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

After spending the first few weekends working with Autowake, I spent THE BEST time behind my own boat that I've ever gotten with my repetitively inexperienced girlfriend at the helm last night! Best $970 option ever! Launch assist and auto-retracting plates make the boat SOOOO much easier for her to handle picking up riders, and of course the consistency with the ballast without her having to adjust people it a game change for me! I've run a boat "manually" for most of my life, but this is the single best investment in my time behind the boat! I was happy with it surfing at 9.5 pitch, 4.0 roll and 11.4mph. 34% smart plate 55% port tab surfing goofey/starboard. The real gem is auto leveling for wakeboarding! Eliminating the need to "drive the boat from the end of the rope" and/or adjusting passenger weight to even the wake out and focusing on riding is amazing!

Last weekend I had a crew from the local Mastercraft dealership in the boat. At first they were defensive, then they started to see it... I got a good laugh out of their, "why don't we have that?!"
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    After spending the first few weekends working with Autowake, I spent THE BEST time behind my own boat that I've ever gotten with my repetitively inexperienced girlfriend at the helm last night! Best $970 option ever! Launch assist and auto-retracting plates make the boat SOOOO much easier for her to handle picking up riders, and of course the consistency with the ballast without her having to adjust people it a game change for me! I've run a boat "manually" for most of my life, but this is the single best investment in my time behind the boat! I was happy with it surfing at 9.5 pitch, 4.0 roll and 11.4mph. 34% smart plate 55% port tab surfing goofey/starboard. The real gem is auto leveling for wakeboarding! Eliminating the need to "drive the boat from the end of the rope" and/or adjusting passenger weight to even the wake out and focusing on riding is amazing!

Last weekend I had a crew from the local Mastercraft dealership in the boat. At first they were defensive, then they started to see it... I got a good laugh out of their, "why don't we have that?!"
    I really see how Autowake is an absolute gem for wakeboarding and helps a ton while surfing with an inexperienced driver. Although when surfing I have found that I am usually good with everything filled but I don’t usually have a large crew moving around to deal with.

It’s also nice to set the amplitude at 5 and always see clean wakes behind me while cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Does anybody know if it's possible to use it with less than 50% ballast in the rears when teaching inexperienced riders? In other words, it would be nice to use it as more of a "leveling tool" at times. Correct me if I'm wrong but once AW is turned on it immediately fills the rears to 50% and the front to 30% if I'm not mistaken. So if you fill the rear above 50% and then turn AW on will it continue to fill the rear to 75%? I've been so focused with using AW for surfing that I really haven't given it much attention for wakeboarding but I plan on playing around with it more this weekend.

Matt (Goose), any chance you could do a quick tutorial on using Autowake for wakeboarding?
    2017 Mojo (sold)
    2005 Moomba XLV (sold)

Get the latest software downloaded and you can use the amp setting to accomplish that,I set mine to 35% for wakeboard yesterday, was pretty simple turn amp bar to 35% let it fill till static autowake was achieved, and done. Wake was perfect immediately. If you want more turn the amp setting up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Does anybody know if it's possible to use it with less than 50% ballast in the rears when teaching inexperienced riders? In other words, it would be nice to use it as more of a "leveling tool" at times. Correct me if I'm wrong but once AW is turned on it immediately fills the rears to 50% and the front to 30% if I'm not mistaken. So if you fill the rear above 50% and then turn AW on will it continue to fill the rear to 75%? I've been so focused with using AW for surfing that I really haven't given it much attention for wakeboarding but I plan on playing around with it more this weekend.

Matt (Goose), any chance you could do a quick tutorial on using Autowake for wakeboarding?
    Yeah I think you can just turn the amp to to like 10-15% and it should level itself out

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    Get the latest software downloaded and you can use the amp setting to accomplish that,I set mine to 35% for wakeboard yesterday, was pretty simple turn amp bar to 35% let it fill till static autowake was achieved, and done. Wake was perfect immediately. If you want more turn the amp setting up.

Excuse the ignorant question, but I just bought a 2018 Craze. What is the typical approach to updating the software? Take it to the dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bairum View Post
    Excuse the ignorant question, but I just bought a 2018 Craze. What is the typical approach to updating the software? Take it to the dealer?

If you have an 18 then you don't need new software you should have the amp setting already, can't see signatures in Tapatalk so assumed you have 17. So you should be able set that setting and it will only fill to what you set it too.

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

If you haven't ever changed the amp setting , when you have autowake turned on if you don't see the bars in the middle and it saying amp then push the far right button to toggle to the other view and it should show up , the adjustment arrows will show up then as well, should have two bars , set point and actual ,

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    If you have an 18 then you don't need new software you should have the amp setting already, can't see signatures in Tapatalk so assumed you have 17. So you should be able set that setting and it will only fill to what you set it too.

Yep, I have an ‘18. Thanks for the quick response...

Note that I’m not the OP. Your assumption on the ‘17 for him/her may be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bairum View Post
    Yep, I have an ‘18. Thanks for the quick response...

Note that I’m not the OP. Your assumption on the ‘17 for him/her may be correct.

Ha, didn't even notice that , typing between loading parts in the CNC, I guess I'm not paying close enough attention

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds