Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Default AutoWake questions

Quote Originally Posted by hugerb1 View Post
    I have a 2017 Mojo and would love is someone could send me the link to the updated software.

Maybe the manufacturer could put a link on their page to allow owners to get some of these updates, seems to be a lot of interest in it
    Email me guys. [email protected]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Matt,

I have two questions related to my 2017 Mojo Surf Pro.
    1. What is the current software and is there a link to download the latest software
    2. Need some advice on checking the Inclinometer on the boat and how to recalibrate the meter
    a. I have read the earlier post on setting the roll but I’m a little concerned that the pitch may be off
    b. Is the floor consider level point in the boat that I can use to check the pitch and roll with a digital level?
    Love the boat
    2017 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2011 Moomba LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jrellis1154 View Post
    Matt,

I have two questions related to my 2017 Mojo Surf Pro.
    1. What is the current software and is there a link to download the latest software
    2. Need some advice on checking the Inclinometer on the boat and how to recalibrate the meter
    a. I have read the earlier post on setting the roll but I’m a little concerned that the pitch may be off
    b. Is the floor consider level point in the boat that I can use to check the pitch and roll with a digital level?
    Love the boat
    Sorry about delay on some of these posts lately. We are in the busy season working on 2019 so haven't had much time to respond.

On this question, you can email me and I can send you a link to the latest software. There are also other guys on here that have it and if you send them messages, they can send it to you also. It is really easy to download and install and I think you will really like the improvements.

As to your inclinometer, I first recommend you install the latest software. Once you have it, then you can recalibrate pitch and roll independent of each other. The easiest way to calibrate roll, is to run the boat at wakeboard speeds. It is really easy to see when the wakes are completely symmetrical, and once they are, then you can recalibrate roll to zero. On pitch, it is not quite as easy. You can get the boat on the trailer and get the floor level, but unfortunately, the boat does not actually sit perfectly level relative to the water. All our testing has been relative to the boat sitting in the water, with only 1 passenger standing in the walkway with no additional ballast. The easiest way to do that is sometime when you have trailered the boat to the lake, when the boat is first put in the water, recalibrate pitch to zero before adding ballast or passengers. Once you have it calibrated correctly, you never have to recalibrate, even if you reinstall software.

Hope that helps. I will try to go back and answer the other questions shortly....
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Sorry about delay on some of these posts lately. We are in the busy season working on 2019 so haven't had much time to respond.
    So do tell Matt...what can we expect in 2019?? I'm ready for a 2019 Supra with 4000lbs sub floor ballast, in-floor cooler, new design transom walk through, updated dash design with larger touchscreen.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Could someone send me the link?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. If I fill ballast 100% then hit autowake. What order would it start adjusting? And is there no way to see ballast levels when autowake is on???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey guys, this is another question that gets asked a lot and I will try and add clarity....

First AutoWake is a completely REACTIVE based system. It actually has a lot of logic, look up tables, and other programming that makes it work (as well as many patents....), but it really doesn't have a fixed logic as to how it operates. It is constantly monitoring the actual pitch and roll of the boat and adjusts as it needs. So, to answer this question, IF you were to fill ballast to 100%, then hit AutoWake, it will adjust in this order....It will first try and correct the roll of the boat. If you have 100% full ballast, then it can not fill MORE than 100%, so in this case, it can only drain the side it needs to correct roll. And the side it needs to drain depends on where passengers are located. If the system actually drains down to 80% on one side, then it will actually give you a pop up recommending you move passengers so that it can re-fill some of the ballast that it drained. At the same time, it will also adjust ballast in the front to achieve pitch. Again, if you start with 100% ballast, then all it can do is drain ballast since it can not fill more than 100%. If the pitch settings are lower than actual and it has already 100% full ballast in the front, then it will again give you a pop up telling you it can not achieve pitch and it will recommend you add weight to the front.

For many users, it might be best to start by manually filling all ballast to 100% and then turn on AutoWake. But keep in mind that is NOT always best case. Especially if you don't have much displacement in terms of passengers. Let me explain.

In most cases, surf wakes are generally best created when the pitch of the boat is close to 9 degrees or better. In fact, on most boats, if you have a true pitch of 7.5 or less, you might not be able to get a clean wave at all. If you are in a longer boat (such as Mojo), and you only have a few passengers, and they are all sitting toward the dash or even in the bow of the boat, then if you fill all the ballast (in Mojo that is 1800lbs in the rear and 1200lbs in the front) then turn on Autowake, it is very likely that based on the LACK of additional rear weight or passengers, the AutoWake will probably have to drain at least 50% and maybe up to 75% of the front ballast to achieve the 9 degree pitch. That may sound like a huge negative to the system, but remember the system is doing what the boat NEEDS to achieve the wave and passenger location is very critical in that. In this example, if you turned on Autowake and jumped behind the boat, you would actually have a BAD experience, because it might take 3-4 minutes for Autowake to drain enough water to achieve the pitch you need. Again, in this example, if you would have actually started with Zero ballast then the system would actually achieve pitch and roll quicker with predictive state because it would only have filled enough front ballast as needed as it REACTED to exactly where passengers were sitting. Then when you started, you would have a clean wave and typically a smaller clean wave "looks" better than a wave that is not shaped correctly. As you ride, you would notice that the wave would not have much "push", but then as you look at your ballast % (which you can do anytime by manually turning ballast on then off, then turning AutoWake back on), you will realize that by moving passengers to the rear of the boat will allow you to put more ballast in the front on the boat, creating more overall displacement and that is when the "push" will improve.

Hopefully that makes sense. Again, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters in surfing is what is the boat actually doing as it moves through the water. The pitch and roll of the boat (each might be different based on brand and type of surf system) will ALWAYS define the shape of the wave. The displacement (overall weight of boat, ballast, passengers) will ALWAYS define the size of the wave.

Ok, more information to come later....
    Matt Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    So do tell Matt...what can we expect in 2019?? I'm ready for a 2019 Supra with 4000lbs sub floor ballast, in-floor cooler, new design transom walk through, updated dash design with larger touchscreen.
    Come on, you know I can't comment on 2019 stuff....but I can tell you we are working as hard as we can to continually improve both our brands. Stay tuned....
    Matt Brown

Goose,

2017 Mojo with current software. No draft sensor. Amp setting at 100.

After surfing with rear ballasts at 100% (or as close as autowake allows) I want to take a wakeboard set.

I manually drain the rear ballast to 50% and turn on autowake for wakeboarding.

Is autowake going to fill those rear bags?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Come on, you know I can't comment on 2019 stuff....but I can tell you we are working as hard as we can to continually improve both our brands. Stay tuned....
    Oh I know, but couldn't help myself...looking forward to big things!!
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

I've only had my boat one weekend, but after reading all of this and 5 hours on the water I've quickly learned to use Autowake as a guide for where to move my additional weight (lead, humans, cooler, whatever). My quick, simple rule, move the movable payload towards the most full bag. you can't fill over 100%, but you can supplement! Heading out tonight with 3 dudes and 2 fly high 1100's out of my direct drive to lay in the floor
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead