Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Goose, Great info. It sounds like through this process you all have figured out for each boat what the max (100%) weight of ballast and people is for each boat in the line. Will that information every be available for folks with older than 2017? For example, 2016 Supra SA 100% or max capability is xx pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

On the max capacity, we are just using the USCG capacity numbers. I think most of you know this, but we include the factory ballast in the calculation that is displayed on the capacity sticker. So, in your specific case on a 2016 Supra SA, the capacity of that boat would be an additional 2,400lbs in addition to the 3,200lbs of factory ballast. If you only have 1 driver and 1 passenger, and both driver and passenger were 200lbs each, then you could have an additional 2000lbs of water ballast or lead. Again, this is where the draft sensor comes in handy. Keeping up with how much actual weight you have in passenger or gear weight is difficult. Also, trying to calculate how much exact water weight you have in additional bags or even factory bags is difficult. Most of you probably don't try to figure out exactly how much weight you have in the boat and simply care more about the wave or wake, but again, this is where the draft sensor helps you figure out when you are really duplicating the same setup you had on that epic day when you had the wave perfect. It can also help explain on the days when you don't have the same displacement why the wave "feels" different. If you are a safety oriented person, you might also find value in knowing you are still inside the safety factor of max capacity when you have a lot of passengers in the boat. As I said before, very few consumers are actually running their boats at full capacity. I know some of you are, and some might even be adding more than max capacity. Another place this really comes in handy for us as a manufacture is during demos. Some demos are done the right way, and the dealer or consumer request to duplicate how they think they will really use the boat. However, the majority of demos are NOT done that way. Typically demos include only a couple passengers and factory ballast and during that demo, with very little overall displacement, the boat can only produce about half of it's true potential. If that same potential consumer does a demo with a competitive brand and that dealer actually brings additional ballast or adds a plug and play system, then the demos are not truly apples to apples. The boat with the most displacement will likely have a "larger" wave and now the potential consumer thinks the one brand is better than the other. At least with our patented draft sensor, you can now see exactly what your actual displacement is ON THAT DEMO, and you can see visually that you are only half of your potential. It doesn't fix the fact that you can't see what your actual potential looks like, but it can help explain maybe why that wave is not as huge as you had hoped. Again, in my opinion, if you really are focused on the wave, then during demos, you should request that you load the boat the same way you will use it. But unfortunately the majority of demos that are being done the wrong way are by people not already reading this forum or forum's like this. Hope that helps explain it.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Goose, great info again...thank you!

Quick question can the draft sensor be added to a 2017 SA and can the software be updated to the newest version to take advantage of the added draft sensor?
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Thanks for the info and being a contributor on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Goose, great info again...thank you!

Quick question can the draft sensor be added to a 2017 SA and can the software be updated to the newest version to take advantage of the added draft sensor?
    Well, unfortunately on the 2017 Supra, you can not update the software to include the 2018 changes. It is not actually the software that is the issue, it is actually the hardware. From 2017 to 2018, we changed several items including the PDM layout and harness design. You can actually load the software, but the PDM address locations are different so nothing would work correctly. As I said before, we try our best to make things retrofittable when we can, but sometimes hardware changes are required and then that makes software changes much more difficult. And then to try and free up resources to make custom solutions for 2017 boats that will have some 2018 changes is also very difficult. Hope that makes sense. Sorry.
    Matt Brown

If I upgrade to Flow 2.0 on my 2014 Mondo at my dealer, can Autowake be included in the software upgrade? The computers are the same, right?
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    If I upgrade to Flow 2.0 on my 2014 Mondo at my dealer, can Autowake be included in the software upgrade? The computers are the same, right?
    The screens (computers) are actually not the same. They have a very similar size, but the biggest difference is the current screen is color and the screen used in 2014 was black and white. While the color doesn't make the difference, the hardware in the color version is capable of handling the processing duties that AutoWake requires. Unfortunately, the black and white version does not. Again, is it possible to change dash shrouds and color screens and harnesses, etc? Maybe, but it would be very time consuming and very expensive. Plus, since we haven't done it or offer it, it would likely get very complicated and then not work. As I said before, we try our best to make items backwards compatible, but when hardware or harness changes occur, typically we can't make it backwards compatible. Hope that makes sense.
    Matt Brown

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    The screens (computers) are actually not the same. They have a very similar size, but the biggest difference is the current screen is color and the screen used in 2014 was black and white. While the color doesn't make the difference, the hardware in the color version is capable of handling the processing duties that AutoWake requires. Unfortunately, the black and white version does not. Again, is it possible to change dash shrouds and color screens and harnesses, etc? Maybe, but it would be very time consuming and very expensive. Plus, since we haven't done it or offer it, it would likely get very complicated and then not work. As I said before, we try our best to make items backwards compatible, but when hardware or harness changes occur, typically we can't make it backwards compatible. Hope that makes sense.
    Thanks. When did the screens and computer change?
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Thanks. When did the screens and computer change?
    The 2016 Helix was actually the first model to get the new screen. Then all the other models switched in 2017.
    Matt Brown

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    The 2016 Helix was actually the first model to get the new screen. Then all the other models switched in 2017.
    Did Autowake start in 2017?
    2019 Supra SL450