Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

FYI I'd take notes on how each adjustment effects the wave. I've prob read this 3 times, and still dont remember everything. I always wish I had notes in my phone. Most people start out building a tall wave by adding mid and rear weight. But then they want to start making it longer. Most accomplish this with bow weight, and speed. All of these make major adjustments, but after this point, when you really start trying to perfect the wave, is when you really need to know what every adjustment does. Most adjustments have a counter adjustment so you can end up fighting yourself. Like increasing speed raises your pitch, but adding bow weight lowers the pitch. I only mention this because alot of peoples frustration seem to happen in stages. Terrible wave....great wave now but short....long wave now but no push ect. ect
    2019' Moomba Max

I just picked up a slightly used 2018 Mojo. I'm located in TN. Aqua Sport Marine is my local dealer. I am awaiting for a phone call for them to transfer the warranty over to us. When I go in for this service, can they add autowake to our boat? Apparently it didn't come with it and Id like to use it if possible.

Thanks,
    Jason
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Yes, they can, but it need to have the inclinometer added, as well as the software. The 2018’s also have a amplitude sensor, but you don’t “need”
    It. It’s better with that sensor, but it will work without it as I put the 2018 software on my 2017 and it works without the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

So my boat (see sig) still has original software. This thread mentions there have been upgrades to the software. Can anybody tell me where I can download this update? Please don't refer me to the dealer as they have proven to be less than useful after the sale.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Quote Originally Posted by jimmsch View Post
    So my boat (see sig) still has original software. This thread mentions there have been upgrades to the software. Can anybody tell me where I can download this update? Please don't refer me to the dealer as they have proven to be less than useful after the sale.
    What boat (and year) do you have?

2017 Moomba Craz

2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

You should have the latest software for that screen then. You cannot go to the 19 or 20 software as all that is touchscreen.

2017 Moomba Craz

Default 2019 mojo displacement

I am new to the forum and in the process of dialing in our 2019 mojo and I have a question about displacement. 9 out of 10 times it's only myself and gf on the water so displacement is hard to achieve with only us on the boat, the AMP / "Potential" never makes it to the hashes and it seems to have very little push. Would the easy solution be replacing human weight with lead bags or something similar? ie: 500-600 lb etc on the port side (we all surf port)

ps: I may not be asking this question with the correct forum protocol... my bad

Thanks,
    R

Quote Originally Posted by Chaney44ETX View Post
    I am new to the forum and in the process of dialing in our 2019 mojo and I have a question about displacement. 9 out of 10 times it's only myself and gf on the water so displacement is hard to achieve with only us on the boat, the AMP / "Potential" never makes it to the hashes and it seems to have very little push. Would the easy solution be replacing human weight with lead bags or something similar? ie: 500-600 lb etc on the port side (we all surf port)

ps: I may not be asking this question with the correct forum protocol... my bad

Thanks,
    R
    I’m using a combination of 50 lb bags I can easily move around, and an external bag (650lb Sumo Max) and pump that really helps if there are just a few of us out.

Greg
    2018 Moomba Mojo

I believe that boat has 3000lbs ballast standard. You need more weight. Look around and there are tons of threads talking about dialing in wave and the common denominator is to add more ballast. Guys here have at least 4k# of ballast. Your boat has plenty of freeboard and can handle lots more weight. That's what it all boils down to. I would suggest distribute weight evenly and displace as much water as you can get away with and then use your surf tabs , wakeplate and speed to shape the wave. That way it all looks clean and you do not have a ton of tubes and pumps and bags lying around and tripping over. I agree external bags are effective and work well, I just like clean organized look. Plus, if you use your tabs then you can switch goofy to regular seemelessly without having to move bags around. I am able to switch port to goofy side quickly and make transfer (while holding rope) and its fun to try different sides. You cant do that if you have a one sided list. Consider upgrading your rears to 1100lbs in addition to adding lead for a total of minimum 4k#.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost