Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    This may sound like a weird question, but at what point is the inclinometer calibration taken off of? In other words, I installed some manual bubble inclinometers and based 0 degrees off the floor of the boat. I adjusted the pitch of the boat with the trailer jack until the floor was perfectly level and set my inclinometer to 0 based on that. But it was 2.5 degrees off from what autowake was telling me so I need to either recalibrate autowake or the pitch is taken off a different point other than the floor of the boat.

Just trying to figure out if autowake needs to be recalibrated or if my measurements are way off. I would really like to start utilizing autowake.

Thank you!
    This might help you.

https://youtu.be/jcwD-neqFGc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    This might help you.

You only need to calibrate if using the stock settings or trying to copy someone setup which will never really work cuz you don't know how calibrated the other system is. I use a phone leveling app in the center of the floor, move weight around the boat until the bubble is zeroed out with a full tank.

The best way to use autowake is to fill all the bags 100% add some people to the surf side and flip the surf system on. Surf it, when you find a wave you like turn on autowake for a second and note the pitch roll. Then set the autowake to those numbers in the autowake section defaults. From the on you'll have the wave you like every time.
    Last edited by parrothd; 06-22-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    The best way to use autowake is to fill all the bags 100% add some people to the surf side and flip the surf system on. Surf it, when you find a wave you like turn on autowake for a second and note the pitch roll. Then set the autowake to those numbers in the autowake section defaults. From the on you'll have the wave you like every time.
    Makes sense. Good point that the number is pretty arbitrary unless comparing it to somebody else's setup which is hard to do.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    This might help you.

I have seen that video but never watched it. Now I have... good stuff. Thank you.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

+1 on the videos. They help quite a bit. Even after a calibration and training session from surf pros, the videos were extremely helpful.
    2019 Moomba Mojo
    Wakemakers Ballast Upgrade
    Inland Surfer Red Rocket, Blue Lake
    Ronix Pot Belly Cruiser, Carbon Air Core 3
    Zup 2.0
    Poparazzi & Super Mable Tubes

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and new to boats. We bought a 2017 Helix last summer and it has changed our lives for the better. I have read through this entire thread. It is awesome! Thank you to everyone who contributed. Would someone please send me a copy of the new software?

I have witnessed some of the problems noted by others with the older version. Such as ballast emptying out of the surf side. I have also noticed the surf tabs do not deploy consistently. I am not sure if this was mentioned by others and I just glossed over it at the time because I hadn't noticed it yet. Anyway, I noticed different time when strapping the back of the boat to the trailer that one or both of the surf tabs looked partially deployed. I always wrote it off as the angle I was looking at it, the little bit of the play in the tabs, or that someone left something "on" in the boat when the ignition was turned off. We've always had difficulty with getting a consistent wave. Not just from one outing to the next, but during the same outing. I just kind of wrote it off to our inexperience. Last week, I was really set on getting the surf wake dialed in better. We surfed on the right first as everyone except me surfs on that side. Everything was great. Then we switched to the left and I got in the water. I could not find a single spot on the wave that had an push. It was more like wakeboarding. (The previous outing, I was running up on the boat and although I never gave up the rope, it wasn't doing anything except providing me with security.) I had my wife shut it down and I started looking at things. The left surf tab was still partially down, while the one on the right was way down. So, when we got home, I started trouble shooting. What I found was that when you toggle the surf switch back to center from the left or right, it does not fully return the surf tab to zero. When you again toggle to the same side, it deploys the tab even further, and back to center returns it even less to zero. After four or five times in a row, the display on the dash says 60%, but the tab is deployed 100%, and when the display reads 0%, the tab is at about 25%. I took measurements to get a better idea of what was going on. Measuring between a point on the boat and a point of the surf tabs, i found true zero at 8 1/4" and 100% at 14 3/8". 65% was at 12". Adjusting manually, I reached the 14 3/8" at 80 or 85% reading on the screen. Going the other way, I reached the 8 1/4" at 25 or 20% reading on the screen. I could get to the 12" at 65% working down or up, but if I went from zero to 65%, it would not return to true zero working backwards. Zero on the display, but tab deployment would be at about 9". If I repeat the numbers grow. 65% on display, 13" deployment. 0% on the display, 10 " deployment. These numbers are the same or really really close toggling the surf side switch with a 65% preset value. The only way I could get consistent measurements was to manually adjust from zero to 100 and then work back to 65. From there, 65 to zero would hit true zero (8 1/4") at 20 or 25%. So, I have a fix, but it is annoying and not as user friendly as flipping a switch. Has anyone else experienced this? I really hope the newer software/firmware fixes this.

Such a great and informative post is this, really your answers are very helpful for everyone. Thanks for sharing this information with us because I am a new user and I was no idea about it. Great post

Good info.
    I assume its the same info for a 2019 MOJO!

Default Craz 2022

Do you make larger ballast bags for the Craz? (Larger than the 1000# standards)