Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    It's the amplitude settings that came with the updated version or on the new 18s, the 18 utilize a draft sensor with it , for 17s with the update you get the amp bar but no draft sensor so it calculates off your ballast percentage. You can set the amp setting to say 75% and it will only fill to around 75% of ballast, I like it for wakeboarding or when don't want full ballast for kids surfing ,I turn the amp setting down to what I want and it goes for that. If I want 100% amp setting to surf port , it will aim to maximize all ballast , if you end up having 100% port 100% front 60% starboard , it will ask you to move people to port side , that way starboard can fill more towards the 80% range. If you have no weight or people to move , you can just turn the amp down to 80% , and for me last Summer, it would still keep port at 100% front 100% and starboard at 60% and I would have no warnings to help maximize ballast. Hope it makes a little sense.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Interesting, I thought Goose stated on here that amplitude sensor is for reference purposes only and does not engage autowake filling or draining. Did they change that or did I miss read it something?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Interesting, I thought Goose stated on here that amplitude sensor is for reference purposes only and does not engage autowake filling or draining. Did they change that or did I miss read it something?
    I think the initial thought for the updated versions was to have the bar there but not do anything. But they ended up having it base off your ballast % so you wouldn't have to install a draft sensor to make it function.

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I think the initial thought for the updated versions was to have the bar there but not do anything. But they ended up having it base off your ballast % so you wouldn't have to install a draft sensor to make it function.

So you’re running a 2017 with the updated software?

Goose, care to chime in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So you’re running a 2017 with the updated software?

Goose, care to chime in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do run the updated software, I believe ended up putting 20hrs on with the new software

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I do run the updated software, I believe ended up putting 20hrs on with the new software

And the amplitude does work, and I didn't install the draft sensor. I believe it was version 1 of the update that the amp bar was just there for looks , but that version didn't get sent out.

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Default AutoWake questions

David, I have the 2018 software also on my 2017 mojo. The amp settings work as Steve describes. I actually had my dealer add the 2018 draft sensor to the boat, so that the amp settings will work to their full potential. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet as I had it done when I winterized the boat.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    David, I have the 2018 software also on my 2017 mojo. The amp settings work as Steve describes. I actually had my dealer add the 2018 draft sensor to the boat, so that the amp settings will work to their full potential. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet as I had it done when I winterized the boat.
    What did it run to add the draft sensor? I was still under the impression that it could not be done. I have the new software saved on my computer i just need to save it to a thumb drive and transfer it to the boat.
    David

It was about $450 in parts and 3 hours labor to have the dealer install it.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    It was about $450 in parts and 3 hours labor to have the dealer install it.
    David....persuade Jim to cut us a deal on doing both of our boats
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Hey guys. Sorry I was late to the party, been busy working on new stuff. I will try to help answer questions or at least be available to answer any questions that I can't clarify on this post. Just to be clear, we don't actually have an updated 2017 software and a 2018 software. What we have done is added extra logic on the 2018 software so that it is backwards compatible on the 2017 models with AutoWake. So, anytime we have a new software release, that release works for 2018 and 2017. The reason I point that out is because we actually just got another new release. This release actually has some slight improvements for the water temp and paddlewheel depth issues we have had with some boats. It also adds a little more time to the ballast timers that was requested by some of you. Not drastic, but if you have issues with needing a little more time, the new release should help. As of today, the most recent software ends with date 20171121. Typically that is release date (11-21-17) that we get from our vendor. Then we run it through testing and then put it on the floor. So, if anyone wants that, you can contact your dealer and see about getting it. And yes, these updates should be available to email (as some of you already know...). I am still trying to get that easier to download, but at this point, you should try first working with your dealer. I probably shouldn't say this, but some of our dealers may not know about the update, so asking them for it will also remind them it exists. Again, I hate to even say that, but some of you guys definitely keep up with the latest and greatest more than anyone.

As to the questions about the amplitude bar and draft sensor, I will try to clarify it again. I can't remember everything I said before so some of this may be redundant. The amplitude bar (as designed for 2018 ) actually has 2 purposes. The bar itself is actually a graphical representation of overall displacement, including ballast, passengers, gear. The "Actual" is how deep the boat is actually sitting in the water and the entire graphic is basically what the total capacity of the boat can handle. So, if the bar is in the middle of the bar graph, then basically you are only displacing HALF of what you could displace. Again, where this really adds value is just so you can see how much MORE potential you can have with your wave or wake. Most people don't realize that they are only barely scratching the surface of what the surf wave or wakeboard wakes could be. This gives you a clear representation of that. At the bottom of the screen is the "amplitude setting". That is different from the bar. The amplitude setting as described earlier is basically a number relative to your rear ballast only. If the amplitude is set to 100%, then it is trying to maximize rear ballast and always fill as much rear ballast as it can. If it can't, then it will also send you a popup telling you where to move weight so you can maximize rear ballast even more. The front ballast is currently used to maintain pitch control. Again, the system can help you maximize front ballast if you let it. By adjusting pitch set numbers, you can obviously affect how much front ballast is added. Again, I think I went over that in here before, but let the system teach you how to better optimize front ballast also and you will definitely find that maximizing displacement is the key. Changing pitch numbers too much can actually minimize front ballast and I promise that displacement is ALWAYS more important than pitch when it comes to the actual size and feel of the wave.

So, to better answer the questions, on the 2017 models without the draft sensor, obviously the bar graph could NOT show the actual draft. So, if the system does NOT see the CAN address for the draft sensor, then instead of displaying draft, it displays the amplitude setting in the bar graph. Again, the graph itself is not really changing AutoWake, but the amplitude setting IS adjusting ballast and overall displacement is the most critical part. Again, as discussed, the main reason you might want to decrease amplitude is if you want to scale down the wave or wake for younger kids or less experienced riders.

Hope that all makes sense. If I actually confused you more, just let me know. As some of the guys have said on here, I really think once you start using AutoWake more and start to understand how it all works, you will really love it. And as I have said also before, this is NOT the end, only the beginning. Almost every day we are thinking of more and better ways to make this even better. I can't promise that it will always be backwards compatible because sometimes hardware changes make software changes impossible, but we plan to keep working on this as much as possible and I think the next few years it will just get better and better. And as always, a lot of these changes are because of you guys. We love the feedback and the ideas so always keep them coming. If you have anything really cool that you think might be something to keep private, you can always send those ideas to me at my work email. Most of you have it but it is [email protected].

Ok, got to get back to work on the new stuff!! I will try to keep checking every once in a while to keep you guys and girls in the loop!
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager