Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Quote Originally Posted by Idcatfan View Post
    Matt,

I just became a new Moomba Max owner in July and my family and I are new to wakesurfing. I can’t thank you enough for the wisdom you’ve imparted in this thread, as it has helped me out immensely to understand the nuts and bolts of the system so that we can enjoy the sport.

Two questions I have though:

I understand that Autowake is a predictive technology. Therefore, as I’m filling my ballast while idling, are the numbers for pitch and roll that are displayed accurate for that particular time frame, or are the numbers shown extrapolated to the software’s estimation of where you will be once at speed?

Also, is there harm in filling or draining the ballasts while at speed? If so, is there a set speed not to violate while doing so?

Thanks again. I have re-read your tips multiple times and also watched your interview w/ Robert. I feel MUCH more confident now out on the lake dialing in a surf wave! As a matter of fact, you guys should think about putting this info (and other explanations of functions of the boat) into a “new owner’s handbook”. This is the kind of info that can really help ensure an excellent experience for new owners, as dealers (and mine has been excellent) just don’t have the time or knowledge to do such deep dives into the working mechanics of the boat.
    Congrats on your Max. Hope you are loving your boat! To answer your questions, Autowake always displays actual pitch and roll. The numbers are constantly being filtered so there might be a slight delay as boat moves but the predictive state is all working behind the scene and doesnt display lookup table values (which again is patented technology...). So what you see is what the boat sees. As to speed filling, the ballast can fill sitting still or moving. We dont publish does and donts but filling at wide open throttle is not recommended. But filling at wakeboard speeds is fine and you can drain at any speed.

As fyi, the pumps definitely fill at different rates relative to boat voltage. So if you always fill at 14 volts running but drain at 12 volts sitting still, then you will need to adjust fill and drain times so that bags fill AND drain correctly. If you dont adjust timers then you could be under draining and overfilling which puts a LOT of pressure on ballast fittings and can lead to problems...

Hope you enjoy your boat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Congrats on your Max. Hope you are loving your boat! To answer your questions, Autowake always displays actual pitch and roll. The numbers are constantly being filtered so there might be a slight delay as boat moves but the predictive state is all working behind the scene and doesnt display lookup table values (which again is patented technology...). So what you see is what the boat sees. As to speed filling, the ballast can fill sitting still or moving. We dont publish does and donts but filling at wide open throttle is not recommended. But filling at wakeboard speeds is fine and you can drain at any speed.

As fyi, the pumps definitely fill at different rates relative to boat voltage. So if you always fill at 14 volts running but drain at 12 volts sitting still, then you will need to adjust fill and drain times so that bags fill AND drain correctly. If you dont adjust timers then you could be under draining and overfilling which puts a LOT of pressure on ballast fittings and can lead to problems...

Hope you enjoy your boat.

Thanks Matt.

Regarding draining/filling, I have just relied on percentages on the display. When at 100%, I can hear the boat pissing out excess water. And when draining, I flick the switches when they read 0%. Is this not an accurate/sound metric to use?

Thanks again!

Hi Matt, Just took delivery of my first Moomba. It’s a 2018 Mondo with autowake and the maximum factory ballast. Is there a really detailed instruction manual someplace? I want to know how to play with the factory settings a little. With the wake switch in the middle and autowake on, we’re getting an asymmetrical wakeboard wake. Also half the threads say add more aftermarket ballast to get a better wakesurf wave, but autowake drains some of my sacs to get the ideal pitch and roll. Any thoughts on the best setup for a 2018 factory Mondo assuming only 2 spotters and a driver? Thanks, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Idcatfan View Post
    Thanks Matt.

Regarding draining/filling, I have just relied on percentages on the display. When at 100%, I can hear the boat pissing out excess water. And when draining, I flick the switches when they read 0%. Is this not an accurate/sound metric to use?

Thanks again!
    So...while the display will be close, unfortunately ballast timers can not take into account all variables. Rule number 1 (that not many people use...) is if water is coming OUT the top outlets of deck, then something is NOT right. Either you have ballast bags that are too full or too much water in your bilge. In either case, if water is coming out, then you need to check or adjust something. I have a feeling your drain timers need to be adjusted. Or maybe fill, or maybe both. Next time you are out, fill like normal, but watch the rear bag. Notice when bag is actually full relative to fill percent. Then drain bags like normal. After draining, check bag. If you have lots of water left in bag, then add time to drain timers. You should adjust drain timers until you can hear the drain pumps sucking air. That means you are almost empty. After getting drain timers correct, refill and check fill time again. If adjusted correctly, the bags should be full at 100% without pissing out the side of boat. And should be drained at 0. If you dont get timers right, you will definitely eventually have problems with fittings. With the 6 pump system, the fittings are not designed to overfill for very long and might pull off if you overfill for an extended period.

Matt Brown

Canadaguy, you should go back and read this entire thread as this is probably the best detailed manual we have currently.

If wakeboard wakes are off with autowake, then you need to recalibrate inclinometer. I covered that earlier.

As to large waves with only 2 passengers, that cant really happen unless you add extra bags or lead. Again, i discussed tgat earlier but nothing replaces displacement. If you want size, you need displacement, thats it.

If autowake is draining ballast then either inclinometer needs adjusted or you need to move passenger location. Autowake makes everything easier and can help you, but it cant move passengers and cant fill more ballast than you have available. I think once you read the entire thread you will have a much better understanding and your expectations of autowake will be more accurate. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaGuy View Post
    Hi Matt, Just took delivery of my first Moomba. It’s a 2018 Mondo with autowake and the maximum factory ballast. Is there a really detailed instruction manual someplace? I want to know how to play with the factory settings a little. With the wake switch in the middle and autowake on, we’re getting an asymmetrical wakeboard wake. Also half the threads say add more aftermarket ballast to get a better wakesurf wave, but autowake drains some of my sacs to get the ideal pitch and roll. Any thoughts on the best setup for a 2018 factory Mondo assuming only 2 spotters and a driver? Thanks, Dave
    Matt Brown

Just so I’m clear Matt, I only see and hear the pissing 5-10 sec after I fill to the 100% mark while leaving the switches in the ON position.

In fact, on our maiden voyage w/ our dealer rep he made it a point to show us this to illustrate that we can’t overfill the bags!

On another note, just so others know, we did the factory tour and it was WELL worth it. Watching the Supras and Moombas come down the exact same service lines really helps illustrate the difference between Moomba and other “budget” boats. Cough...Axis...cough, cough.

Would someone mind sending me the 2018 update. thanks.
    2017 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by NickNick View Post
    Would someone mind sending me the 2018 update. thanks.
    I got ya, check your inbox.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf MAX Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    4,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos & Lead
    Wet Sounds REV10s & REVO12-XXX

Matt, thank you for all of the info in this thread. I just purchased a 2018 Mojo Pro, upgraded from a 2015 Mobius LSV. First day on the water was not so great. Couldn't get a good consistent wave. Seemed like everything I tried just made things worse. The reason was....They did make things worse. That night I read all of your Tips several times, took notes and thought about what I was doing to the boat. Went out the next day and had a consistent wave. Understanding what Autowake is doing and why has made it far easier to watch what it is doing and maximize my wave by not counteracting the system. Great job to the team in developing and you in explaining the system.
    Mark Gay
    2018 Moomba Mojo Pro
    2015 Moomba Mobius LSV - sold