Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 469
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rtown View Post
    I have read the entire thread, and it has been extremely helpful. My only wish is that Skiers Choice had a catalog of videos showing us all how to operate in Autowake.

    I have a 2018 Craz and upgrade 1500 pound bags on each side in the back. My first day in the water was today so I was going to get everything set so I can learn Autowake. This is my first boat and really donít have any experience creating waves. I calibrated the inclinometer and the bags. I only had one other passenger sitting on the port side.

    I finally achieved the correct pitch and roll but the wave was terrible. It had a lot of wash and never got clean. I finally adjusted the wake plate on the starboard side to 55 and played with it up to 75. The wave finally got clean.

    Does anyone know why the wake plate didnít adjust to get the wave cleaner?

    I ended up surfing but never could get enough push. I am assuming I had enough displacement with the upgraded bags. To be honest I was a bit bummed. But definitely could have been complet error on my unskilled part!

    I also have questions about getting Autowake turned on and going so it will fill the bags automatically. I thought I turned it on but the bags would never fill.
    Hopefully I can answer a few of your questions. I was a total newbie last year so I feel your pain. It's a great system, but it's not an "easy button" for surfing. The surf plates deploy to your default settings set in the autowake system. If you found a certain percentage of deployment more to your liking you can go into the defaults and change it so it always deploys to the same percentage. In order for autowake to fill and drain the bags you still have to throw all the ballast switches to the fill position (at least I think this is the case) I haven't been on the boat for a few months. As far as push goes when it's just me surfing and my wife driving I have learned that I have to run slower 10.5ish also a lot of times i will run in manual mode with all ballast full to 100% and a 400lb floor bag on surf side and another 400lb bag in front walkway. Had a supra/moomba rep suggest start in manual mode, play with your plates and ballast to get the wave like you want it. Then switch to autowake mode. Record pitch and roll settings then go in and set those to your default. Hope this helps. Keep playing with it your will like it once you get the hang of the system. Side note I run the stock 3k ballast and lacked push with just driver on the boat. Added 800lbs of floor sacs and woke it up a lot.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    So Iím not sure what year your boat is and what version of autowake you have because it will make a difference. I have a 2017 Mojo with the upgraded software that has the amplitude setting. On mine I can turn on autowake and set the amplitude for a certain %. Since I donít have the draft sensor it defaults to measuring amplitude off of rear bag percentage. So for example if I am surfing and I turn on auto wake, select my surf side (goofy or starboard for me) then set the amplitude for 100% it will fill start filling the rear bags on its own to 100%. It will then fill the center tank/now bag just enough to achieve the desired pitch. The main issue with this you cannot always achieve 100% amplitude unless you have people you can move around or lead weight you can move because to achieve the roll it has to be heavier on your surf side. My autowake will tell me if it cannot meet my requested amplitude and to move weight to the side that needs it. I have 200 lbs of lead for this and o also ask passengers to move. I try to run close to 11 mph but if the crew is small sometimes I have to back it down to 10.7 or 10.5. Autoflow plate is set to 65 and center wake plate is all the way up at 0. Iíve found that if you deploy the center wake plate any it forces the bow down and causes the boat to dump water from the center tank/bow sack to achieve the pitch setting decreasing your overall displacement. I use the factory pitch and roll numbers as well.

    What I prefer doing however if leaving autowake off and manually filling everything to 100% before turning it on. When everything is full and Iím about to hope in i turn on autowake and let it achieve statically while
    Iím getting in the water.

    I run the stock 900 lbs max surf rear bags, 400 bag under the cabin seats on each side, the stock hard tank and the bow sack, and 200 lbs of lead for 4,000 lbs total give or take.
    Here are a couple shots of my wave with this set up and 4 people in the boat.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    ALABAMA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    I have a question about the AW system and the stock settings as it pertains to having additional ballast on your boat. I read through the entire post and I could have missed it but I wasn't able to find an answer.
    I'm trying to figure out if the port settings on a Helix for pitch and roll (9, -3) are just based on a stock Helix with the standard 2100 pounds or if when you add additional ballast/lead bags the numbers should change? I've upgraded my rear bags, have additional bags I can fill manually, and have 1000# of lead bags. I have the potential to have close to 5000# total if everything is filled including crew on the boat. So, when I use AW should I still be trying to set the weight up to achieve the 9, -3 set points or something else?
    Along the same lines, is less pitch than 9 and more roll than -3 (port side wave) a good thing while running the additional weight over stock? I, like everyone else, just want to maximize the wave potential so I want to understand the AW set points and how they relate when you've increased your overall displacement. A few days ago I was running close to 5000# total weight and my pitch was 7.5 and my roll was close 6.5-7. The wave was ok so I don't know if I should still be trying to get back to 9,-3 or some other set of variables to get the best possible wave. I feel like with the upgraded amount of displacement I should be getting a great wave. I just don't know what numbers I should be looking to achieve.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    I have a question about the AW system and the stock settings as it pertains to having additional ballast on your boat. I read through the entire post and I could have missed it but I wasn't able to find an answer.
    I'm trying to figure out if the port settings on a Helix for pitch and roll (9, -3) are just based on a stock Helix with the standard 2100 pounds or if when you add additional ballast/lead bags the numbers should change? I've upgraded my rear bags, have additional bags I can fill manually, and have 1000# of lead bags. I have the potential to have close to 5000# total if everything is filled including crew on the boat. So, when I use AW should I still be trying to set the weight up to achieve the 9, -3 set points or something else?
    Along the same lines, is less pitch than 9 and more roll than -3 (port side wave) a good thing while running the additional weight over stock? I, like everyone else, just want to maximize the wave potential so I want to understand the AW set points and how they relate when you've increased your overall displacement. A few days ago I was running close to 5000# total weight and my pitch was 7.5 and my roll was close 6.5-7. The wave was ok so I don't know if I should still be trying to get back to 9,-3 or some other set of variables to get the best possible wave. I feel like with the upgraded amount of displacement I should be getting a great wave. I just don't know what numbers I should be looking to achieve.

    Seems like an excessive amount of roll and not enough pitch, you should be closer to the stock numbers, like 1-2 degrees difference.


    You should take all the ballast out and calibrate the Autowake, then surf the stock settings. Turn off Autowake and move ballast around and surf it, repeat until you get the wave you like. Turn on Autowake and record the pitch numbers, repeat this every day until you get an idea how to setup the wave. The settings will be slightly different each time out unless you have the exact same setup. Make sure you to update Autowake to latest version, contact moomba.

    I would fill everything you have to max, put all the people and lead(near the back) on the port side. Wake plate 0, surf tab 55, speed 10.5. This should make a huge short monster wave, if it doesn't look clean remove some ballast from the opposite side. Then slowly take a bag of lead at a time and move it to the bow see how that changes the wave and repeat until it the wave gets longer. Surf it and repeat. Taking a pic of each wave helps too.


    Wake plate = Zero-15%, as you add more wake plate the wave will lower height & Longer wave
    Higher pitch = Taller height & shorter wave
    Lower pitch = Lower height & Longer wave
    More speed = Lower height & Longer wave
    Less speed = Taller height & shorter wave
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    1,887

    Default AutoWake questions

    I would say too much roll is probably going to affect the wave. I donít ever go over 5į. Pitch can be up to 10į


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stazi; 05-27-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    2017 Moomba Craz

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    ALABAMA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I would say too much roll is probably going to affect the wave. I don’t ever go over 5į. Pitch can be up to 10į


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Stazi. I had a good bit of weight on the surf side when I got that high roll number. I ended up moving some lead over to the non-surf side and got the number back down to 3.5.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    ALABAMA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Seems like an excessive amount of roll and not enough pitch, you should be closer to the stock numbers, like 1-2 degrees difference.


    You should take all the ballast out and calibrate the Autowake, then surf the stock settings. Turn off Autowake and move ballast around and surf it, repeat until you get the wave you like. Turn on Autowake and record the pitch numbers, repeat this every day until you get an idea how to setup the wave. The settings will be slightly different each time out unless you have the exact same setup. Make sure you to update Autowake to latest version, contact moomba.

    I would fill everything you have to max, put all the people and lead(near the back) on the port side. Wake plate 0, surf tab 55, speed 10.5. This should make a huge short monster wave, if it doesn't look clean remove some ballast from the opposite side. Then slowly take a bag of lead at a time and move it to the bow see how that changes the wave and repeat until it the wave gets longer. Surf it and repeat. Taking a pic of each wave helps too.


    Wake plate = Zero-15%, as you add more wake plate the wave will lower height & Longer wave
    Higher pitch = Taller height & shorter wave
    Lower pitch = Lower height & Longer wave
    More speed = Lower height & Longer wave
    Less speed = Taller height & shorter wave
    Great info there, thanks. I have the upgraded software for AutoWake so I have the amplitude setting now but it just reads the total rear weight from what I understand. It's a 2017 so I don't have the new ballast sensors that Moomba's have now. One of my biggest issues I have with my Helix is getting the wave lengthened. That's why I had such a low pitch. I added bow weight and increased the speed a little. I can get a decent wave behind the boat but I have literally no length. I don't know if I'm expecting too much from a small sized boat and I'm getting everything I'm ever going to get or what. I just feel like I don't have much length and very little push. If I get toward the back of the wave and away from the boat, that's it, there's no getting back in the wave. It's like the pocket is so small that I can't get very far from the boat or else I'm out of the wave.
    I weigh 200, ride 4'8 Neo with upgraded fins, and have a long history of wakeboarding as well as ocean surfing so I feel like my skill set is there. This will be my 2nd summer wake surfing so I'm still learning and trying to progress.

    I'm writing some of this info down and will take it with me this week when I go back out to dial things in.
    Last edited by LAwake; 05-27-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    Great info there, thanks. I have the upgraded software for AutoWake so I have the amplitude setting now but it just reads the total rear weight from what I understand. It's a 2017 so I don't have the new ballast sensors that Moomba's have now. One of my biggest issues I have with my Helix is getting the wave lengthened. That's why I had such a low pitch. I added bow weight and increased the speed a little. I can get a decent wave behind the boat but I have literally no length. I don't know if I'm expecting too much from a small sized boat and I'm getting everything I'm ever going to get or what. I just feel like I don't have much length and very little push. If I get toward the back of the wave and away from the boat, that's it, there's no getting back in the wave. It's like the pocket is so small that I can't get very far from the boat or else I'm out of the wave.
    I weigh 200, ride 4'8 Neo with upgraded fins, and have a long history of wakeboarding as well as ocean surfing so I feel like my skill set is there. This will be my 2nd summer wake surfing so I'm still learning and trying to progress.

    I'm writing some of this info down and will take it with me this week when I go back out to dial things in.
    Also water depth makes a huge difference, 15+ is best.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    ALABAMA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Also water depth makes a huge difference, 15+ is best.
    I'm good there. Where we boat is anywhere from 25-140' deep.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    How fast are you surfing? Have you tried 11mph or more?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •