Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    If you ordered your boat with the max surf then it came with 900s already. Instead of ordering Enzo’s I would orde a couple of the standard 400s and put them under the seats in the cabin and use a tsunami pump to fill them when you want them. This is MUCH cheaper and it will retain your under seat storage when you are not filling the boar 100% for surfing. Autowake is very useful and I enjoy it on my 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a 2018 Craz with the standard 900s. Do you know if the 400s overlap with standard bags? Does it even matter, as I could just fill the 400s partially full if there is a space constraint?

I would love to upgrade to the Enzo’s but my wife is vetoing that because of the space concerns. Using 400s seem like a nice compromise. In fact, it would seem trivial to just move the cooler and some of the extra ropes/jackets when I use the 400s for surfing.

I plan on measuring it out over the weekend, but any opinions based on experience with this setup would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bairum View Post
    I have a 2018 Craz with the standard 900s. Do you know if the 400s overlap with standard bags? Does it even matter, as I could just fill the 400s partially full if there is a space constraint?

I would love to upgrade to the Enzo’s but my wife is vetoing that because of the space concerns. Using 400s seem like a nice compromise. In fact, it would seem trivial to just move the cooler and some of the extra ropes/jackets when I use the 400s for surfing.

I plan on measuring it out over the weekend, but any opinions based on experience with this setup would be appreciated.

400’s will take up all the side underseat space in the Craz. I just ordered 500# of moveable “lead” weight from wakeballast.com instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

On our Mojo the 400s fit just right with no room to spare, not sure about how much space is in the Craz.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    400’s will take up all the side underseat space in the Craz. I just ordered 500# of moveable “lead” weight from wakeballast.com instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Please criticize sinkable ballast so much. But I have 7 additional concrete bags I move to the rear left sun deck for surfing with only a driver. Love it. 2014 mondo, stock 1300 lb ballast, original wake system.

2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L
    1996 VIP Vision 183 / Mercruiser 3.0LX (retired)
    Primary interest Freestyle Slalom, Vintage skis

Thanks Stazi. And Matt, thank you as well as what you’re saying does make sense.

Matt: I’m not sure how my port plates got to the default of 80%. Like you guys said, I’ve found the wave to be better at 60-65%.

Also, my default roll for goofy surfing is set to 5 degrees. Does this sound correct? Isn’t it supposed to be 3 degrees?

Quote Originally Posted by Idcatfan View Post
    Thanks Stazi. And Matt, thank you as well as what you’re saying does make sense.

Matt: I’m not sure how my port plates got to the default of 80%. Like you guys said, I’ve found the wave to be better at 60-65%.

Also, my default roll for goofy surfing is set to 5 degrees. Does this sound correct? Isn’t it supposed to be 3 degrees?
    For goofy 5° works well for me. And for natural foot we increased it to -4.5°

2017 Moomba Craz

Is there a reference doc by boat on what the “standard”recommendations or factory port/starboard plate percentages are for surfing?

I know you can reset the autowake settings to factory defaults, but not the plate settings when you are running without autowake?

Is there a reference doc by boat on what the “standard”recommendations or factory port/starboard plate percentages are for surfing?

I know you can reset the autowake settings to factory defaults, but not the plate settings when you are running without autowake?

Haven’t seen a reference anywhere that lists this, as that’s one of the reasons I asked Matt and the board above. I would like to see this published in the manual going forward though, just in case one of the drivers in our boats inadvertently screws all the settings up.

I have found this from Wake 9 on the interwebs, however. Yes, he’s discussing his preferred settings for the Supra, but I see no reason why that wouldn’t extrapolate to Moomba’s Autowake system as well.

https://youtu.be/E3MFCQ8lPiQ

Also found this link as well. It’s old school (? before SC bought the technology), but it gives a really good, though somewhat cheesy, visual of several things Matt has been explaining.

https://youtu.be/cT0o_WOV4RU

Hey guys. The factory defaults for current boats is 70% port plate (for surfing goofy) and 60% stbd plate (for surfing regular). That should be in the owners manual, but if not, I will see if we can add it....

On the pitch and roll, that should also be in the manual, but should also display on the screen. The goofy roll is 5 degrees and the regular roll is 3 degrees. Pitch is 9 degrees for both.

The difference in plate deflection and roll is because of prop rotation and having to roll more because of it.

As some have mentioned, you might find different roll angles work better. For example, if you surf regular all the time, then maybe 4 or 5 degrees works better. If you want to transfer a lot, then maybe less roll works better. But rolling the boat is how the surf wave is created so you will just have to find what roll angle is best for you.

Also, I can't mention roll without again mentioning displacement. Most of you are starting to understand how much I stress displacement. IF you don't have much displacement, then you should stick pretty close to the factory defaults. However, as you start adding more displacement, then you can start experimenting with different angles. Moving the roll to a drastic angle WITHOUT adding displacement will very likely give you WORSE waves. The reason for that is because if you don't add roll with passenger weight, then the only way AutoWake can achieve a drastic roll will be to DRAIN ballast on other side. Roll without displacement will ALWAYS result in small waves. It might "look" better, but it will not have push. On the flip side of that, a boat with a LOT of displacement might not have roll perfect and the wave may not "look" perfect, but the overall displacement will generate push and when surfing, the main thing people complain about is not enough push. Pitch and Roll really have very little to do with push. Push is almost 100% displacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Idcatfan View Post
    Haven’t seen a reference anywhere that lists this, as that’s one of the reasons I asked Matt and the board above. I would like to see this published in the manual going forward though, just in case one of the drivers in our boats inadvertently screws all the settings up.

I have found this from Wake 9 on the interwebs, however. Yes, he’s discussing his preferred settings for the Supra, but I see no reason why that wouldn’t extrapolate to Moomba’s Autowake system as well.

https://youtu.be/E3MFCQ8lPiQ
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager